PDA

View Full Version : bmw 2009 cas3

keygargoil
22nd December, 2012, 10:22 PM
just a quick one the bmw 3 series o9n a 2009 cas 3,
the cust bought the car without a key cat c so he is asking if it is possible to programme a cas 3 unit that has a programmed key cos he has bought a key and cas 3 unit from a bmw breakers can it just be synchronised, any help would be great

obdmaster
23rd December, 2012, 10:09 AM
No m8 you cant just sync used cas3 and key to car.

Easiest way is to add key via obd using abrites or by dump using tagkeytool to cars original cas unit. If your used key is pcf7943 or pcf7944, you can add that to his original dump using tagkeytool.

By obd must use new key.

sogaro
23rd December, 2012, 12:50 PM
Yes you can synchronise the donor to the car ecu or better and simpler still, read the 2 cas modules and get the key of the donor added to the original and you are good to run

obdmaster
23rd December, 2012, 05:31 PM
Yes you can synchronise the donor to the car ecu or better and simpler still, read the 2 cas modules and get the key of the donor added to the original and you are good to run

You are forgetting vin number not matching and ISN not matching the car in donor cas3 and key.

Also be careful just pluging in donor cas3 just to confirm what i said, as mileage is also stored in cas and if mileage higher in donor cas than your car, car will take higher mileage.

sogaro
24th December, 2012, 05:24 AM
I get your point ObdMaster, but is that not the purpose of synchronization? Making all things work together. His question is in the possibility and the answer is YES. Further details would come in when he requires such

obdmaster
24th December, 2012, 09:55 AM
I get your point ObdMaster, but is that not the purpose of synchronization? Making all things work together. His question is in the possibility and the answer is YES. Further details would come in when he requires such

He,s asking if he can simply fit used cas3 with working key, and simply synch CAS and DME, DDE, the answer is NO.

Synch as far as im aware simply synchronises CAS and DME if ISN and vin number match to DME DDE if they dont, synch isnt possible.

bearheroes
6th January, 2013, 03:36 PM
used CAS can be synched to the car.for many ecus you can get the isn and write it to CAS.
If you upload your dump of your CAS i'll also change the VIN,and the product date of your car.
BUT
the problem is the VO(Vehicle) of your car.You have to code your CAS in order to make all functions work.For example xenon light,sunroof etc.

digitaltech
7th January, 2013, 04:02 AM
used CAS can be synched to the car.for many ecus you can get the isn and write it to CAS.
If you upload your dump of your CAS i'll also change the VIN,and the product date of your car.
BUT
the problem is the VO(Vehicle) of your car.You have to code your CAS in order to make all functions work.For example xenon light,sunroof etc.
avdi can do it, any other tool?

bearheroes
7th January, 2013, 07:29 AM
avdi sure not.if i remember well avdi can read isn only from EDC16, ME, MSV70, MS43.tell me the ecu and i'll tell you.

scrufacet
7th January, 2013, 05:58 PM
any help pls

bearheroes
7th January, 2013, 06:43 PM
help for what?

davidykhor
13th January, 2013, 05:04 PM
just a quick one the bmw 3 series o9n a 2009 cas 3,
the cust bought the car without a key cat c so he is asking if it is possible to programme a cas 3 unit that has a programmed key cos he has bought a key and cas 3 unit from a bmw breakers can it just be synchronised, any help would be great

send me dump from both cas3+

dump from the cas with keys and dump from the cas without keys(original cas in car)