PDA

View Full Version : How can I upload a channel list without the use of a remote control?

C64
27th February, 2009, 05:52 PM
My Kryptview remote is kaput and I want to upgrade to the latest firmware release, I know I can do the upgrade easily enough but does anyone know if it would be possible to upload a channel list without a remote?

Oh and does anyone have a channel list for Telewest Scotland :)

wilf
27th February, 2009, 06:12 PM
Dont think you can do alot without the remote as you will need this to run scans in the first place, Does your kryptview not auto sort when you scan? when i press the green button on mine they all sorted into catorgaries sport, films, documentary etc etc. also you would need the remote to operate the epg which by the way is much improved on the 24/2/09 software. remotes are quite easy to get hold of i bought many off internet.

bugaloo41
27th February, 2009, 06:43 PM
Witchy i can send you a channel list if it helps but i have left it with the default autosort categories as wilf has said.

dont think in theory you need the remote? you can flash the image which takes it back to factory settings then you could flash the channel list which should avoid having to scan anything. you can then change channels via front of the box until you get a new remote.

if its any help send me a pm with your addy and i will send it over.

C64
27th February, 2009, 06:58 PM
Witchy i can send you a channel list if it helps but i have left it with the default autosort categories as wilf has said.

dont think in theory you need the remote? you can flash the image which takes it back to factory settings then you could flash the channel list which should avoid having to scan anything. you can then change channels via front of the box until you get a new remote.

Cheers mate, that'll do nicely. :)

PM sent.

wilf
27th February, 2009, 07:37 PM

how did you save the channel list? Is this done through the channel data transfer Boogaloo?

bugaloo41
27th February, 2009, 08:32 PM
wilf i am having a mare trying to do this. you are able (as I understand it) to select tools > si > receive. you then choose the file name and press start. it just aint happening though.

i also have read that it is better to upload the channel list as if you were doing a box to box transfer (which i have done many times) but connect to pc instead. you do this as follows: menu > installation > data download > channel data transfer > ok but the box does not respond.

i have tried 2 different cables. i have just reflashed my arnet and rescanned so there is nothing wrong with the cables.

if you get the chance can you see if your box allows you to upload the channel dump?!

sorry about this witchy.

C64
27th February, 2009, 08:42 PM
No probs mate :)

There is no rush :)

C64
27th February, 2009, 10:44 PM
I couldn't help myself, I had to flash it, lol

Now I've got no channels at all - oops! ;)

I've just ordered a new remote so hopefully it'll arrive in a day or two.

wilf
28th February, 2009, 01:00 AM
[QUOTE=bugaloo41;153711]wilf i am having a mare trying to do this. you are able (as I understand it) to select tools > si > receive. you then choose the file name and press start. it just aint happening though.

i also have read that it is better to upload the channel list as if you were doing a box to box transfer (which i have done many times) but connect to pc instead. you do this as follows: menu > installation > data download > channel data transfer > ok but the box does not respond.

i have tried 2 different cables. i have just reflashed my arnet and rescanned so there is nothing wrong with the cables.

if you get the chance can you see if your box allows you to upload the channel dump?!

Yeah i have read the same and tried it myself on another occation with no success, which is why i asked how it was done. am working tonight (friday) but will try again in the morning, i have also done box to box transfer no probs.

(sat morning now) have now tried again both ways and same probs not requesting. I did a quick search on internet and found a si file cdf for luton ntl, i flashed this on no probs with the si send but when done it still asked me to go through the setup process so i needed to use the remote as there is no ok button on front of box. Really am stuck with this looks like its a case of wait for remote i'm affraid witchy

bugaloo41
28th February, 2009, 11:02 AM
Cheers wilf. I can find a few channel dump files but none for TW scot. None since the new firmware though. Thanks for trying though. I wonder if there is a bug in the new s/`ware?

peapod
1st March, 2009, 09:23 PM
where did you order your remote control from.......mine has just gone tits up, im after another.

DW190
6th March, 2009, 05:11 PM
It's not possible to upload a channel data file from the box without a remote as you need to hit the si send.

It is possible to download a channel data file to a box just using the standard download. Instead of code send you just change to si send, load the cdf, hit the start button and power up the box.