PDA

View Full Version : technomate or dreambox?

charlie senator
16th May, 2008, 11:30 PM
I've been looking at the sat scene for a while now and it feels like i'm no nearer finding what i want !! Basically i like prem footbal and sports and discovery channels so what is the best box to go for ? and what can expect to get ( i don't mind paying something just not s*ys extortionate prices) So what i need to know is should i buy something like digitalb card or is there "cough " another way and does the card work in technomates and dreamboxes ?

doobiest
17th May, 2008, 01:15 AM
i'm in the same boat as you, getting into satellite shortly (new hobby) and have read about two days worth of info and am still undecided....

but i am thinking of going for a eurovox quantum which is lan capable (card sharing) and looks to be very good value, subscription will be free for the first 6 months to get ppl on board and then ?50 per 6 months after that (for what they're offering at the moment is a bargain and it will get better).
if you dont mind paying a small amount (less than ?2 a week after the six months free) then this looks hard to beat.

incase your unfamiliar with eurovox they are well established in the cable scene and theres plenty of support.
have a look here:
h**p://www.freewebs.com/thequantumbox

i'm also going to invest in a technomate 3400 ci+ just so i can have a damn good play around!

Devilfish
17th May, 2008, 02:57 AM
I've had a dreambox and technomate for the satellite and I think the dreamboxes are the better boxes. The technomates are very user friendly and easy to use. The dreamboxes require a bit more knowledge. Cardsharing is only possible on the dreamboxes unless you get a TM-9100 but you're still better off with a dreambox.

If its' HD you're looking for, the technomate 6900 will be cheaper than the DM800.

The Quantum doesn't look anything special to me, not even a component output.

If money wasn't an object I'd go for the Dm800. If you're not bothered about HD, there's always the DM600 and DM7020/25.

krazylegz
17th May, 2008, 06:09 AM
i'm with glen charlie m8.

Dreambox all the way...since you've been into cable you should find them ok get up and running....just join a nice little c/s and you're off m8.

yeah a divvyab card was the best card to have this season and will work directly in the mulitcrypt card reader of both a technmate and dreambox, however i'd wait ill nearer the season starts to buy one to see if they'll be as good for footy as they were last year

logic_187
27th May, 2008, 05:10 PM
how reliable are these CS servers? been researching and they do seem ideal but ive heard they dont last long and can have picture breakups. otherwise failing that i think might get the digitalb card for the year, once theirs more news on the card reciever pairing

Devilfish
27th May, 2008, 05:28 PM
It all depends on how may peers you have using the server. The more people you have connected to the server, the more unstable it will be. That's why if someone is on a good CS server they never ever reveal it's location/owner, they don't want it overcrowded and becoming unstable.

logic_187
28th May, 2008, 03:23 PM
@devil so this where you have been hiding away :-)

limer
13th June, 2008, 11:19 PM
hi,how good does a broadband connection have to be for cardsharing

dreamquest
15th June, 2008, 01:39 PM
I have both dreambox 500 and technomate . One difference between them is that Technomate 6900 HD is perfect for HD channels.

thommo
15th June, 2008, 02:43 PM
thought id posted in here i must have posted in a similar thread.

dreambox if you want to play around with various stuff, (do you like to play if so this ones for you)

technomate if you want an easy to use and setup and run box for watching tv without hassle.

Curious123
15th June, 2008, 04:23 PM
hi,how good does a broadband connection have to be for cardsharing
The more clients you have the better the connection needs to be as more people will be downloading from you.

nobody
15th June, 2008, 05:41 PM
I've had the Techomate 6800 HD for a week now and it works great but it is a bit cheap looking. Nobody.

thommo
15th June, 2008, 06:17 PM
I've had the Techomate 6800 HD for a week now and it works great but it is a bit cheap looking. Nobody.

not as cheap looking as the dreambox tbh. and you may think it looks cheap but it bloody isnt i should know i bought one, well the 6900, still wouldnt swap it for anything else at the minute though.