PDA

View Full Version : Uno No Channels Found

dmmacvicar
23rd December, 2012, 12:17 PM
Recently purchased a faulty Uno of Ebay hoping to find it an easy fix. The box is unable to see any find any channels and comes up with the message "No Data On Transponder" Thinking the problem may have been with Tuner I purchased one of the new dual tuner but still the same problems. The dish is correctly alligned for 28.2 as it working fine on my sky box. I get a decent signal return and lock indicator on satfinder page but when I scan I get 0 services found. Ive totally ran out of ideas as to what the next step is. So far i have tried

1. Re flashed BH 1.7.9
2. Upgraded FPGA
3. Updated Satellites.xml
4. Replace Original single tuner with dual tuner

dell_xps
23rd December, 2012, 12:31 PM
What have you got it set up on in tuner config ?

dmmacvicar
23rd December, 2012, 12:36 PM
What have you got it set up on in tuner config ?
Yes mate, Tuner is set up for 28.2 on single feed mode & tuner B is same a A.

dell_xps
23rd December, 2012, 05:47 PM
can you see the vu on yer computer, if so cant you not just transfer across the sat.xml file ?, just a thought, not sure if it will work though, might need a new main board , hence the reason it was cheap :-(

dmmacvicar
23rd December, 2012, 06:43 PM
Yes the box connects with DCC and other telnet/ftp programs. Receiver works fine other than not picking up and channels. Its a bit of a strange ones as its obviously seeing the satellite just not able to decode any transponder info ?!?!

dell_xps
23rd December, 2012, 09:51 PM
Pass m8, probably more wrong with it than just the tuners, maybe one of the other guys will have a better idea.

dmmacvicar
23rd December, 2012, 11:47 PM
No worries pal. Ive got a couple of things to try tonight when the TV comes free.

DOUGALMCD
24th December, 2012, 08:14 PM
Have you tried different images and do they flash okay?
Do you get frequency and symbolrate no's in tuner status?

dmmacvicar
25th December, 2012, 12:47 AM
Have you tried different images and do they flash okay?
Do you get frequency and symbolrate no's in tuner status?
Tried BH 1.7.9, VIX 3.0??? (I think) and the VU+ Original latest issue. All firmwares load fine also tried different drivers but nothing.

I usually just scan the first two frequencies in the list which are 10.714 H 5/6 & 10.729 V 5/6 as I know its not working when I get no services on them. When I enter these into sat finder I get about 80SNR & AGC seem to be solid @79. Also get a sat lock.

DOUGALMCD
27th December, 2012, 01:11 PM
When you loaded fpga I assume it came up succeeded and rebooted. You have double checked all tuner pin connections? Can you email previous seller to find out was it working and did it just stop? Was it flashed wrong etc etc. It sounds like box hardware maybe faulty? Have you been able to try out old tuner and new one in another box?