PDA

View Full Version : RPC:S-5:AEC-0

xant14
25th December, 2012, 12:40 PM
Keep getting this error on daughters tablet when trying to download from Play store.
RPC:S-5:AEC-0
I have googled it and it says log in and out of different accounts, force stop and clear cache of Google Play store. Tried all these to no avail.
Funny thing is when I log in on my account it gives a different error message, waiting to verify account or something, but still won't download anything.

Any help would be great.. its running ICS 4.something btw.

xant14
25th December, 2012, 05:50 PM
Pissing thing... xmas a peaceful harmonious time, how come I am searching for a hammer for the sweet pink tablet.. does my swede in.. sure China planned it this way to crack us male adults up before the invasion.

xant14
26th December, 2012, 07:35 AM
I have read the forums that say I need to remove my gmail account, reset and log in again but it does not work. This error is all over the forums but other than this fix suggestion there is nothing. I have done a hard factory reset too, no help. Can anyone help?

xant14
26th December, 2012, 04:19 PM
Anyway I found the solution thanks to a great guy on here, so fellas if he has helped you in anyway, go give shady a big handshake. And the same to the ladies, if he has helped you get down on your knees before the guy.

1) click the "Settings" icon on the home screen

2) scroll down to the "DEVICE" section on the left of the page and then click "Apps"

3) at the top right of the page are 4 tabs : "DOWNLOADED", "ROM DISK", "RUNNING" and "ALL"

4) click "ALL"

5) scroll down the list and find "Google Services Framework" then click it

6) on this page click "Force Stop" followed by clicking "Clear Data"

7) switch off the tablet by holding down the power button for a few seconds and then restart it.

8) click on "Play Store" from the home screen to download apps from the Google Play Store.

When I tried to connect this time it said couldnt connect to server.
Back into settings, Apps, All, and force close Google Play store.
After that, everything worked as it should.
No need to delete any accounts or register new ones.