PDA

View Full Version : A4 new key programming problem

ninja123
26th December, 2012, 08:51 PM
I made new key for audi a4 1998, got pin code with vag eeprom reader, but sbb says wrong pin, mvp says correct pin but wont program a transponder, id48 megamos transponder, tried 3 chips.
Can anyone help with a little info?

Dash is vdo.

ninja

workdamnyou
26th December, 2012, 09:10 PM
Hi mate,

Generate a Megamos ID13 and give that a go.

I've had a few of those, even a couple on 99 models.

ninja123
26th December, 2012, 09:48 PM
thanks mate, but how do generate this transponder, what data do i use and where from - and can i use a T5?

thanks for your help, ninja

workdamnyou
27th December, 2012, 12:04 AM
Yes mate, You can generate one onto a T5 using Zedbull or something similar.

Or if you happen to have a scrapyard key with a Megamos 13 in, I would imagine that would work as well.

ninja123
27th December, 2012, 08:56 AM
Hi mate, thanks for your help.

I just loaded up zedbull, it asks for 4 eeprom bytes to generate a 13 transponder to a T5, where is this data held, or is it just random data that will be the key id once programmed?

Also, this car has immo in vdo dash, I thought these were only ID48 and old immo box systems were ID13, please correct me if im wrong.

Thanks for your help, ninja

workdamnyou
27th December, 2012, 11:27 AM
Hi mate,

On the very first system 2's, immo is in the dash, but ID13 is used. The eeprom (from memory) is 93C56 on the back of the cluster, no need to remove needles.

No eeprom bytes are needed to produce ID13 on orig ZB, not sure about the clone.

Maybe use the search function to find a dump from a system 1 immo box with ID13 and produce from a T5, then learn it by obd.

If you've got pin issues, post dump.

garryreed
27th December, 2012, 12:23 PM
if it is on a 13 you can manually write the logic on to the t5 chip using zedbull which makes it a temic 13 and then program to the car .... do have the logic sumwhere will search it out if you stil need it ... let me know

Fallen
27th December, 2012, 12:56 PM
Write into T5
4062F324BDB7A3FF
Will produce an id13 to use

garryreed
27th December, 2012, 01:00 PM
well donr fallen saved me searchin thru the van ... cheers

ninja123
27th December, 2012, 09:40 PM
Right then: firstly, i found an old used skoda key with a id13 inside, tried to program it and it worked straight away and key light went off.

BUT: this also happened the very first time i tried to program an ID48, key light off and car starting ok, but immo light came back after an hour and not starting.

Also after programming the id13, even a spare key that i cut, with no transponder at all started the car every time, even after leaving it for 30 mins and id13 key in me van!!

Also, I couldnt prog a remote with vcds, no channel 1 or 21 available, and manual methos not working, but manual method worked today (after 8 attempts!)

Thanks for all your help on this one guys, Im just waiting for the dreaded phone call.....................

ninja

paul_12345
27th December, 2012, 09:59 PM
maybe the cars had a immo off??

Fallen
27th December, 2012, 10:17 PM
When you program an incorrect transponder into some VAG, it will produce a temp immo off like situation. It will normally go away after a few uses or when you use the remote. I reckon you will be ok mate.

workdamnyou
27th December, 2012, 11:47 PM
Remote programming would definitely be manual on that car mate. And they can be a pig to get into programming mode sometimes. 8 attempts is good going. I've *****ed around with some of them for hours trying to get them into programming mode.

I think you'll be ok on this one.

Take the money and run...:)

ninja123
28th December, 2012, 09:44 AM
I took the money on first visit lol!! :)

Some lessons you never forget!

ninja

ninja123
28th December, 2012, 11:41 PM
WELL! would you believe it! I got another call for a 1998 A4 with immo probs today!!

The last one aint called back yet so think job is all good.

This one is from a garage that ****ed the clocks up after refitting dash from a heater matrix change, so they put in used set!!

This one had ID48!

So, I thought no prob, as i have been advised above that the eeprom is on back of clocks, but no eep :(

Good job the old clocks were shagged as I am not a mileage corrector and as such have no experience of dismantling them.

Hence I destroyed the clocks to get to the eeprom, but all went well from here ! :)

I dont know how you guys have the paitients to disassemble this sh!t!!

But a MASSIVE THANKS to you for your help on this thread.

ninja

Meat-Head
4th January, 2013, 02:50 PM
Write into T5
4062F324BDB7A3FF
Will produce an id13 to use

Where did you get that info from?

I dont know how you guys have the paitients to disassemble this sh!t!!

But a MASSIVE THANKS to you for your help on this thread.

ninja

DAMM IT

can't find your post from the other day, here click this:-

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f178/audi-a4-1-8-bosch-0261204182-183-immo-off-312353/#post1823572

Fallen
4th January, 2013, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=Meat-Head;1823709]Where did you get that info from?

/QUOTE]

Brain.exe :)

Johnner
4th January, 2013, 10:22 PM
Jesus Fallen ! Don't start with the Brain.exe again,or have another 50 posts looking for that file !! AAARRRGGHH !

Meat-Head
26th February, 2013, 07:41 PM
I made new key for audi a4 1998, got pin code with vag eeprom reader,

your lucky day

can you explain more please got to go pinch one in next few days.

Monty Python - The Spanish Inquisition - YouTube

ninja123
26th February, 2013, 09:21 PM
what do you want to know mate??

VAG Eeprom reader is here a few times, used a serial interface and it read the eeprom, then shows pin.

ninja

Meat-Head
26th February, 2013, 09:36 PM
VAG Eeprom reader is here a few times, used a serial interface and it read the eeprom, then shows pin.

cool that question answered buggered if could find thread something like

"vag 1.9 eeprom reader true" or something.

short story is somebody a 'little' fire - not even any metal left from the car keys! So to complete the 'insuranse job' need to go skank the cars out their parking lot.

ONE key on it's own cost ?250 +VAT for a frigging KEY

thanks

off line for a bath thanks.