PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Solo 2 Vs Vu+ Duo

saayinla
26th December, 2012, 09:14 PM
Hi All,

I know this Solo 2 is new but I would love to upgrade to this box coming from a Vu+ Duo.

Just looking to see if the current Duo is still better than the Solo 2 or not.

ANy advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

digicon
26th December, 2012, 09:51 PM
Hi All,

I know this Solo 2 is new but I would love to upgrade to this box coming from a Vu+ Duo.

Just looking to see if the current Duo is still better than the Solo 2 or not.

ANy advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

No Mate its not, if you where coming from an Uno i would say keep it and buy a twin tuner module or the Ultimo again keep it but the Duo comes no where near it

saayinla
26th December, 2012, 10:36 PM
Fantastic , Thanks for the reply, I am buying from Amazon.de Direct although its showing as 1-3 month despatch But I ll contact em later to find out more. COmes out to about ?280 as against ?30 more buying in the Uk...

I also noticed sat shop uk has an option to instal Vix if buying from their site but havent seen any Vix image else where.

saayinla
26th December, 2012, 10:47 PM
Sratch that, I ve found a few.

mdt
26th December, 2012, 11:26 PM
if your going for the solo2 why not get a uno with a twin tuner.. should come in at around ?300, not as fast granted but an excellent box all the same.regards mdt

blueflash234
26th December, 2012, 11:37 PM
if your looking for a twin tuner have a look at the new tm 2t oe at ?209 its as fast as a uno but has 1 gb of flash and looks to be a cracking box

mdt
26th December, 2012, 11:42 PM
if your looking for a twin tuner have a look at the new tm 2t oe at ?209 its as fast as a uno but has 1 gb of flash and looks to be a cracking box

excellent hardware but sadly lacking in the support department atm.. worth considering all the same regards mdt

digicon
27th December, 2012, 12:57 AM

not 100% sure on that as i thought that the new TM 2T as well as the Twin both ran the same BCM chipset as the Duo as to why there is only 384mb ram compared to the Uno's 512mb.

has a good Nandflash with 1gb compared to the Uno but i would still get an Uno over the TM2T or more likely the Solo2

blueflash234
27th December, 2012, 10:47 AM
i must say that in the short while since i have had it i have been well pleased with it,its running open pli and is very stable, i am liking it more an more ,support is there vix, openpli 2 good teams and all the usual e2 plugins good epg (to me anyway)yes digi it is strange why theres only 384ram but it runs smoothly terrific picture just think at ?209 its a great buy for someone looking for a twin tuner i have the uno as well i would say both are excellent buys.

saayinla
27th December, 2012, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the advice, am very wary of dabbling with Boxes that arent as popular as the Dreambox, Vu+ range especially in the support department. But I ve had a read up on this and it def look tempting nonetheless, prob as a second box. But thanks for highlighting that box never knew it existed.

excellent hardware but sadly lacking in the support department atm.. worth considering all the same regards mdt

My thoughts exactly.

blueflash234
27th December, 2012, 12:00 PM
i think tm might hav got it right this time

kami2k
29th December, 2012, 01:58 PM
Hope custom images will do the batter job

saayinla
2nd January, 2013, 06:11 PM
Okay let me rephrase my question, I currently have the Vu+ Duo and have chance to upgrade it to a VU+ Solo at no cost at all, more like a Swap, Should I go for it or not, Just like to keep up to date with Technology etc. Thats all
Thanks in advance

dell_xps
2nd January, 2013, 06:19 PM
If it's a straight swap I'd say yes, remember the display is nothing special, pretty poor imho, but thats my only gripe with it :-)

saayinla
2nd January, 2013, 06:27 PM
If it's a straight swap I'd say yes, remember the display is nothing special, pretty poor imho, but thats my only gripe with it :-)

So apart from the Display, everything else is good.

digicon
2nd January, 2013, 07:24 PM
If its for the Solo2 then its a no brainer but in your other post it states VU solo
Okay let me rephrase my question, I currently have the Vu+ Duo and have chance to upgrade it to a VU+ Solo at no cost at all, more like a Swap, Should I go for it or not, Just like to keep up to date with Technology etc. Thats all
Thanks in advance

saayinla
2nd January, 2013, 08:31 PM
If its for the Solo2 then its a no brainer but in your other post it states VU solo

That was a mistake, yes its for a Solo 2. Seems the decision is now made.

Thanks for the contribution.

pongo snodgrass
2nd January, 2013, 08:40 PM
ok ive got a vu+duo, vu+solo.....just waiting for a vu+uno to be delivered, didnt know you could add a second tuner to the uno.?..if so where do i get one from?..would this make it better then the vu+duo ?..if so im gonna sell my duo...by the way all genuine boxes..

digicon
3rd January, 2013, 12:16 AM
ok ive got a vu+duo, vu+solo.....just waiting for a vu+uno to be delivered, didnt know you could add a second tuner to the uno.?..if so where do i get one from?..would this make it better then the vu+duo ?..if so im gonna sell my duo...by the way all genuine boxes..

Yes it would the Uno runs the same BCM chipset and dual core processor as the Ultimo which is superior to the Duo

pongo snodgrass
3rd January, 2013, 05:35 PM
i may need a dual tuner for the uno..where the cheapest place to get a genuine dual tuner for the uno ?..ta

digicon
3rd January, 2013, 05:39 PM
i may need a dual tuner for the uno..where the cheapest place to get a genuine dual tuner for the uno ?..ta

Roughly everywhere is the same price i believe ?59 no real preference any online sat shop should stock them

pongo snodgrass
3rd January, 2013, 07:43 PM
Roughly everywhere is the same price i believe ?59 no real preference any online sat shop should stock themthanks mate...may upgrade....i suppose the only purpose for dual tuner isto watch one channel and record another....dont do that much often..on a fixed 28.2 astar sat...lol...

Curious123
17th January, 2013, 11:39 AM
I have a dm800 clone and I am thinking of replacing a VU+ model but a bit confused as to which one to buy. I have had a VU+DUO for about two years and it has worked faultlessly so far, so looking to repalce the dm800 clone with something similar but do not need twin tuner just need good HD picture quality on my new Panasonic 55" tv. Any suggestions?

septicsmurf
17th January, 2013, 11:59 AM
Vu+ uno would be a good choice. But I still think that even though you don't need a twin tuner, the solo2 is the box to have.
Only about ?60 more than the uno but with some great features thrown in.
Or if you're not looking to spend too much you could get the original solo.

blueflash234
17th January, 2013, 02:31 PM
I have a dm800 clone and I am thinking of replacing a VU+ model but a bit confused as to which one to buy. I have had a VU+DUO for about two years and it has worked faultlessly so far, so looking to repalce the dm800 clone with something similar but do not need twin tuner just need good HD picture quality on my new Panasonic 55" tv. Any suggestions?

m8 dont discount the new technomates i have a tm 2t oe and its a good box but have a look at the tm single.tm have always had good tuners and mines upscales the sd picture it looks great on my 50 inch plasma
m8 i have a uno(orginal) for sale if interested pm me