PDA

View Full Version : stream ipad to tv

cablefreejunkie
31st December, 2012, 06:24 PM
hello peeps
as the title says im trying to figure out the best/easiest way to stream video to my tv
i have an ipad3 jailbroken on 5.1.1 and my tv is not a smart tv
i have the xbmc/navix set up on my ipad working sweet,i just want to get that stream onto the big screen,i do have 2 apple tv
one is a 2nd gen,thinking maybe thats the way to go
does anyone know how to make this work either with the apple tv or another way
all info much appreciated

donkeyboy
31st December, 2012, 07:21 PM
ive ben looking at addaptors on ebay can you tell if they stream skygo and all internet features
sorry jumping in on your post

johnboy1974
4th January, 2013, 04:38 PM
hello peeps
as the title says im trying to figure out the best/easiest way to stream video to my tv
i have an ipad3 jailbroken on 5.1.1 and my tv is not a smart tv
i have the xbmc/navix set up on my ipad working sweet,i just want to get that stream onto the big screen,i do have 2 apple tv
one is a 2nd gen,thinking maybe thats the way to go
does anyone know how to make this work either with the apple tv or another way
all info much appreciated

Navi x does not support AirPlay so apple tv useless.
You could try a video output cable to your tv and then use the mirror function. Press home button twice quickly the scroll all the way to the right.
I find this is hit and miss and is a bit glitchy and slow at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pppr
4th January, 2013, 04:55 PM
I have commented this in another section.
With an iPad + iOS 6 and Apple TV the streaming works perfectly and works even with those applications that do not accept a second monitor.
Before iOS 6 and without Apple TV, I used a HDMI cable connected to iPad and to TV. There is another adapter for 3 conventional Yellow, Red, White jacks.
I don't xmbc and can't help.

Pppr
4th January, 2013, 11:13 PM
I just installed XMBC application on my MacBook Pro. It is the most un mac like application I have seen. The only way I got AiPlay working was to activate it before and then run the XMBC. Once XMBC is running it is not easy to get out of it or access finder. It looks like PC application and not a Mac.
May be I am new to XMBC, but I watch HD movies and direct premiership football with other application much more intuitive than XMBC.

johnboy1974
5th January, 2013, 12:47 PM
I just installed XMBC application on my MacBook Pro. It is the most un mac like application I have seen. The only way I got AiPlay working was to activate it before and then run the XMBC. Once XMBC is running it is not easy to get out of it or access finder. It looks like PC application and not a Mac.
May be I am new to XMBC, but I watch HD movies and direct premiership football with other application much more intuitive than XMBC.

Yes that may all be true but this isn't the mac section it's the iPad section and navi-x on xbmc is currently the best way to watch hd premiership games on the iPad. That's why there's a sticky and that's why loads of folks on here enjoy it.