PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Solo2 With 2 year warranty

Lyrrad
3rd January, 2013, 06:29 AM
About to buy the Solo2

(Is that the right product if it's my 1st venture with Vu+ and I want it to act as close as possible to sky+ box).

Anyway I can get 2 year warranty from UK supply here (http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/cart/catalog/hdtv-pvr-receivers/vu-solo-2-1101110.html) and I just want to run the name by this forum. Are they known here?

Thanks in advance

cactikid
3rd January, 2013, 10:33 AM
most people buy from world of satellite,the home of vix,members used to get 5% off,not sure if still the same.

dave-h
3rd January, 2013, 10:42 AM
About to buy the Solo2

(Is that the right product if it's my 1st venture with Vu+ and I want it to act as close as possible to sky+ box).

Anyway I can get 2 year warranty from UK supply here (http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/cart/catalog/hdtv-pvr-receivers/vu-solo-2-1101110.html) and I just want to run the name by this forum. Are they known here?

Thanks in advance

I've used sateuropa in the past, though for sat gear not receivers and had good service from them.

My last few receivers have come from WoS as mentioned above and always had good service from them too, and they do still offer discount to forum members...

saayinla
3rd January, 2013, 02:15 PM
I've used sateuropa in the past, though for sat gear not receivers and had good service from them.

My last few receivers have come from WoS as mentioned above and always had good service from them too, and they do still offer discount to forum members...

SO how do we get the Discount then?

dave-h
3rd January, 2013, 02:44 PM
You have to be a member of WoS and PM the sponsor for a code

septicsmurf
3rd January, 2013, 03:49 PM
Discount is ?5. I used one for my solo2 yesterday.

Lyrrad
3rd January, 2013, 11:13 PM
whilst a small discount is nice, that discount still doesn't make wos the cheapest. Again I'm all for paying a small percentage extra to support this forums preffered supply. But a 2 year warranty instead of a 1 year one looks hard to overlook.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

digicon
4th January, 2013, 01:42 AM
whilst a small discount is nice, that discount still doesn't make wos the cheapest. Again I'm all for paying a small percentage extra to support this forums preffered supply. But a 2 year warranty instead of a 1 year one looks hard to overlook.

You should also note that this forum does not have a preferred sponsor or supplier, And yes i agree if your willing to import from one of the many other online retailers either UK based or Europe based then bargains can be had as well as longer warranty's

RuberDuck
4th January, 2013, 04:59 PM

Cheapest is not always the be all and end all, after sales service is worth far more and while i cant speak for any one else i can say with 100% certainty that WoS offers one of the best after sales services going. just ask his customers on that one.

Lyrrad
4th January, 2013, 08:42 PM
Cheapest is not always the be all and end all, after sales service is worth far more and while i cant speak for any one else i can say with 100% certainty that WoS offers one of the best after sales services going. just ask his customers on that one.

Absolutely mate. I have just paid a premium for a 2 year warranty but if I never need to use it that will be fine, and if I do need to use the warranty I'll then find out how good the customer service is.

cactikid
4th January, 2013, 08:51 PM
if it was a clone how much and how long to go to china and back?

Lyrrad
5th January, 2013, 12:03 PM
if it was a clone how much and how long to go to china and back?

I've purchased a unit from a UK source, paid by credit card and ultimately have taken advantage of an European import where the 2 year warranty thing is 'normal'. I'm nearly 100% sure clones don't exist for the solo2, and reading here the problems people can experience with cloned duo' solo's for me that was never an option. If I've just purchased a clone I'm sure my credit card company would reimburse me, but as already stated I just don't think they exist.

cactikid
5th January, 2013, 03:58 PM
in time it will be cloned,as was the duo and solo.

digicon
5th January, 2013, 08:57 PM
in time it will be cloned,as was the duo and solo.

Yep it only took em 3 years expect solo2 around 2015 LOL

cactikid
5th January, 2013, 09:33 PM
Yep it only took em 3 years expect solo2 around 2015 LOL
well i hope they will have got a roofer in to fix the water leak on the duos lol:goodpost:

freck
6th January, 2013, 11:18 PM
About to buy the Solo2

Thanks in advance
I find that hxxp://www.hm-sat-shop.de are good.....buy all my originals from there,no need to get the roofers in for these guys products.:goodpost:
Freck

redone
3rd February, 2013, 01:36 PM
Hi Mate what are the postage costs like from Germany?

Thx

terayon00
3rd February, 2013, 04:29 PM
Hi Mate what are the postage costs like from Germany?

Thx

Shipping cost seems to be 15 Euros is paid for in advance ( This is the cheapest shipping Rate)

The box is 329 Euro

So Box + Delivery with the current exchange rate will cost ?299, so personally I would buy from uk for ?310.

terayon00
3rd February, 2013, 04:33 PM
I am looking at ordering the Solo 2 from Sat Europa, but cannot understand how they offer 2 yrs warranty against everyone else 1 year. The other reason I am ordering off Sat Europa is that WOS do not have any in stock at the moment, which is a shame because they sent me a promo code for ?5 off and they offer a Free HDMI Cable ( i don't have one spare at the moment) and they will flash the box for me to Vix image as I don't have the time at the moment to do it myself.

digicon
3rd February, 2013, 06:15 PM
you could always try ian over at red apple digital they also have a 2 year warranty on the Solo2, personally i have ordered of ian and any problems he is quick to sort them out.

Personally i get my sat recievers from lee at Goldwafers due to the fact he is local so i can pickup and save on postage costs.

the one thing to remember here all online retailers can offer excellent customer service the problem lies when you have to return incase of a problem and you foot the return postage which is not cheap on a 4kg sat receiver i have yet to see one supplier out of all those mentioned that would refund you that postage cost, although to be fair to most of them they do stipulate it in the T&C's

if you can buy locally that would be the ideal scenario but if your set on the 2 year warranty then either sateuropa or redapple would be the ideal UK candidates

Lyrrad
9th February, 2013, 02:30 AM
I am looking at ordering the Solo 2 from Sat Europa, but cannot understand how they offer 2 yrs warranty against everyone else 1 year. The other reason I am ordering off Sat Europa is that WOS do not have any in stock at the moment, which is a shame because they sent me a promo code for ?5 off and they offer a Free HDMI Cable ( i don't have one spare at the moment) and they will flash the box for me to Vix image as I don't have the time at the moment to do it myself.

You get your 2 year warranty because the seller is selling you an European (not UK) box. The rest of Europe enjoys transparent 2 year warranty. In the UK you can sometimes argue the case, but the law is not on your side. The sale of goods act states that goods must be fit for purpose. In theory in front of a Judge you could easily state that a SOLO2 should last for more than 12 months. The reality is that if your supplier digs in their heels there is not much that you can do about it when dealing with a box manufactured outside of the EU. Personally if the goods were manufactured in the EU, and the goods were bought in UK and retailer was not being helpful after 12 month warranty, I would approach manufacturer. It will very rarely be worth the effort to take a retailer to court, but it is possible to initiate a claim in the small claims court for very little money. You would then be up against lawyers representing the retailer concerned. It's bad for business from their point of view, and that might have some bearing on their attitude when they receive the claim.

McrRed
4th April, 2013, 08:55 AM
I used this fact to get an extra year bundled with my solo 2. Let's hope I never need it! O:-)

Sent from my F9S using Tapatalk HD

griff
4th August, 2013, 04:37 PM
dont know what pulsat are like but they do the solo2 for ?300.90 with a free hdmi lead and a 8gb flash drive

digicon
4th August, 2013, 04:41 PM
dont know what pulsat are like but they do the solo2 for ?300.90 with a free hdmi lead and a 8gb flash drive

Never used them but any retailer saying you get a free HDMI lead state it as if they are giving you one out of there own stock so to speak when its actually already inside the box, The price and the free 8gb flash drive is a nice touch though cant ever say i have used pulsat though some other members may have

cactikid
4th August, 2013, 04:46 PM
i always upgrade my hdmi cable to a better one:top:

digicon
4th August, 2013, 06:56 PM
i always upgrade my hdmi cable to a better one:top:

Why? have you ever read the HDMI Cable Myth Busted been around for years, Using old analogue technology then a better cable would yield better results but in the Digital age this is not true anymore

cactikid
4th August, 2013, 07:49 PM
maybe i cannot argue but a clearer sharper picture i can get when i change from the supplied cables with boxes and can make a good box better.
it is the same with the old skool ?1 scart lead ,replace it with a better one will give a sharper picture with less spotting.

digicon
4th August, 2013, 08:30 PM
What did i just say above Analogue as in Scart,Phono etc.. suffered with cheap leads so an investment in better quality Grade cable to transfer analogue was needed with HDMI a ?2 1m Lead will perform the same as 1m ?99 lead as it transmits a pure digital signal.

Without going into a lengthy explanation read about D/A converters in Household appliances and everything will be clearer

griff
7th August, 2013, 11:23 PM
Ordered sun received it tues. with a 8gig flash drive which was good for flashing the box and now holds epg. All good for ?300, was going to get off WOS but they are on a break for a couple of wks.
Very impressed with the box, defo a good upgrade from a dm800 pvr which now sits in the bedroom