PDA

View Full Version : Nexiq usb link clone?

9holly5wood4
3rd January, 2013, 03:08 PM
Hello everyone, I will be purchasing a Nexiq usb link adaptor soon and I see a Huge price gap on Ebay ranging from $250-$1000. They retail around $900 from Nexiq so im pretty sure that those $250 brand new ones are knock-offs.

Do the cloned ones work the same? Or should I save the hassle/headache and just buy from Nexiq?

Also, are there any other alternative usb adaptors mainly just for CAT/Cummins/Detroit?

colh
4th January, 2013, 09:29 AM
Hello everyone, I will be purchasing a Nexiq usb link adaptor soon and I see a Huge price gap on Ebay ranging from $250-$1000. They retail around $900 from Nexiq so im pretty sure that those $250 brand new ones are knock-offs.

Do the cloned ones work the same? Or should I save the hassle/headache and just buy from Nexiq?

Also, are there any other alternative usb adaptors mainly just for CAT/Cummins/Detroit?
Not to sure about the chinese clones but I reckon there are genuine ones from US at better prices,I think last time i looked between 6-700 US.Read a few of the nexiq threads on here and you may find links for them.

parezoo
5th January, 2013, 02:24 AM
The Chinese are selling a USB link as a EDL just with different label!!! i am sure you can connect to engine but can only read and erase codes, no diag and tests, beware...

But a USB link at $250, where?

rescate
26th March, 2017, 06:09 PM
the nexiq usblink chineseis $250