PDA

View Full Version : 2007 BMW 318

justy22
3rd January, 2013, 04:11 PM
Can anybody give me any info on correcting a 07 bmw 318

captain crackers
3rd January, 2013, 05:07 PM
Basically looking at your list of tools, I would be inclined to pass on it. Arthur.

TULGEYWOODMAN
3rd January, 2013, 05:56 PM
unless you have rosfar then its a little bit risky doing cas with cheapish tools.....but not impossible

Meat-Head
8th January, 2013, 09:43 PM
unless you have rosfar then its a little bit risky doing cas with cheapish tools.....but not impossible

ON TOPIC:-

The rosfar clone will that do it or screw it up?

How do you IN-correct the keys?

Fec001
8th January, 2013, 10:05 PM

The rosfar clone will that do it or screw it up?

How do you IN-correct the keys?

Red rosfar can do it without problem (only CAS) and keys will overwritten after some km.

Fec001
8th January, 2013, 10:11 PM
Can anybody give me any info on correcting a 07 bmw 318

For dash you will need a new 35080 chip or erase with eraser.
CAS is the easiest and safe with red rosfar clone. If you do these 2 moduls new value will apear on dash. But old km will remain in some other moduls: ECU, POW micro filter, DSC, EGS (if gearbox is auto) etc...... and don't forget the dtc's.

Meat-Head
8th January, 2013, 10:11 PM
keys will overwritten after some km.

ALL BMW's the keys get writeen over after IN-correctiopn?

Fec001
8th January, 2013, 10:23 PM
For older models, it is 100%, I think models with CAS, situation is the same....Just think about it: car has 2 keys. the first key is in everyday use, another is in the case.
The first key has the original km but the other has 0 km. But if you start to use second key, km will overwritten in it.....
Hope you can understand what I mean :D

milesbetteroff
8th January, 2013, 10:25 PM
Hi meaty yes all the newer keys take mileage from cas when corrected as for the other modules they don't and I don't know why every one keeps saying the red rosfar is the one to have I have had a blue one for years never failed and messed anything up touch wood so I guess the colour don't matter just the build quality !!!! Justy I can't believe you have never done one of these, any problem just give me a call not a hard thing to do all the best

Fec001
8th January, 2013, 10:31 PM
Hi meaty yes all the newer keys take mileage from cas when corrected as for the other modules they don't and I don't know why every one keeps saying the red rosfar is the one to have I have had a blue one for years never failed and messed anything up touch wood so I guess the colour don't matter just the build quality !!!! Justy I can't believe you have never done one of these, any problem just give me a call not a hard thing to do all the best

You are right :D .
Donno why I and people always talking about RED rosfar :D .
As I know the RED is the safer and the best quality build. But it is possible the blue as good as RED :D

Meat-Head
8th January, 2013, 10:35 PM
OFF TOPIC:-

Wounder why the keys don't have M35080 and lathered in Epoxy?

that way no way the old milage can be lost when jump started!

Fec001
8th January, 2013, 10:59 PM
OFF TOPIC:-

Wounder why the keys don't have M35080 and lathered in Epoxy?

that way no way the old milage can be lost when jump started!

I was thinking about this already.......... Why don't they use chip what has incrementals...... Anyway this is good for us :))))

Meat-Head
8th January, 2013, 11:14 PM
Off topic:-

Sell new keys with every incorrection

TULGEYWOODMAN
8th January, 2013, 11:35 PM
Off topic:-

Sell new keys with every incorrection

no need, as the key gets the new miles after a few minutes!

Meat-Head
8th January, 2013, 11:41 PM
no need, as the key gets the new miles after a few minutes!

Read post 11 annd 12 before engaging keyboard

Sent from my kphone. I reslly hatr more snd more

TULGEYWOODMAN
8th January, 2013, 11:48 PM
Read post 11 annd 12 before engaging keyboard

Sent from my kphone. I reslly hatr more snd more

why sell new keys with every incorrection????

Fec001
9th January, 2013, 01:55 PM
why sell new keys with every incorrection????

not needed. We just talking about IF BMW use chip with incrementals in keys, then we are in "trouble".......