PDA

View Full Version : Transfer apps, contacts, photos, etc from s2-s3

Mr G Monkey
3rd January, 2013, 08:16 PM
Hi as title

Does anyone know a way I can transfer all my data apps, contacts, photos, etc from a s2 to my new s3. i want to transfer everything including messages if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Canker_Canison
4th January, 2013, 06:23 PM
You can try to use Kies lol

Try using Kies air first. You'll have to if you want to transfer messages & calender entries.

Contacts can be backed up & stored on the SD card

Pics, ringtones, etc can be saved to a pc/laptop, or just copied to the SD card.

Apps cannot be transferred in a way that you're hoping. Registering your current Google email address should allow you to reinstall previous purchased apps straight from the store.
If you were using Blackmart Alpha, the downloaded apk files are in the blackmart alpha folder on the S2, just copy to the SD card.

Anything that can be saved to the SD card can also be sent via bluetooth between the phones.

rocktrasher
5th January, 2013, 12:00 AM
I use super tool box 10, from google play. You can simply transfer anything you'd like from phone to sd card. Afterwards just simply plug the sd card into your new phone. You can also transfer them back to the phone using the app.
btw tip for s3; use a black wallpaper, it will use a lot less battery since the screen doesn't ''light'' up the black colours.

happy_highlander
5th January, 2013, 02:15 AM
Hi as title

Does anyone know a way I can transfer all my data apps, contacts, photos, etc from a s2 to my new s3. i want to transfer everything including messages if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Easy mate create a Google backup on your s2 then restore that backup onto s3 after you set up your Google account on that phone. I've just done it going from an s to an s3. I didn't restore messages so can't say if that will work but everything else does.

Mr G Monkey
6th January, 2013, 10:09 PM
thanks for all the help, all sorted now,