PDA

View Full Version : Pulling my hair out vu duo stuck on starting

scottj130208
4th January, 2013, 12:59 AM
I have a clone as far as I can tell trying to upload bootloader then flash new image box won't read usb just says starting with a red light can anyone point me in the right direction and thanks in advance :puke:

cactikid
4th January, 2013, 01:33 AM
be carefull with bootloaders if the clones cant take it ,you could brick your box,should be a few clone posts around advising upto what it can take.they also have issues with usb sticks and you may have to try another one having formatted it first.

scottj130208
4th January, 2013, 01:45 AM
Thanks tried 2 different usb still no luck will have a go at rs232 flash see if that does it maybe

digicon
4th January, 2013, 01:47 AM
If it's a V2.0 or even 3.0 then its already pre-flashed for you and should handle any clone safe image

cactikid
4th January, 2013, 01:49 AM
better safe than sorry

digicon
4th January, 2013, 01:53 AM
better safe than sorry

Too True although if flashing via RS232 then i would flash the VU original image from Feb last year and make sure it works on a stock image before flashing a 3rd party one

scottj130208
4th January, 2013, 02:08 AM
I am a complete noob to vu boxes dream boxes are my thing do I need to update bootloader first or can I just flash image straight onto vu duo

digicon
4th January, 2013, 02:26 AM
I am a complete noob to vu boxes dream boxes are my thing do I need to update bootloader first or can I just flash image straight onto vu duo

As i said if its a V2.0 or V3.0 sticker should be on the underside they already have the bootloader flashed so should just need a clone safe image flashing vis USB, try one of the other USB ports you may have more luck