PDA

View Full Version : Total Noob Trying to Setup Vu+ Solo2 The Story So Far

MrCeez
5th January, 2013, 05:54 AM
Wow I thought this was gonna be straight forward.
I got my new Vu+ Solo2 Box today (I must say that it was smaller than I thought it was gonna be from the pictures that I had seen, anyway..)
It came preloaded with the Black Hole image preinstalled (at my request I might add because from the research that I did prior to the purchase it seemed to be the most popular. I don't even know why I requested that cos I normally like to learn how to do things for myself.)
So first thing I did after setting it up with the cables from my sky dish was to power it on and see what the fastest twin PVR on earth could do.
Erm well ok.. It took a while to setup the automatic scan and then took even longer for the scan to complete. Why you may ask? Well I had no clue what to do cos you see... there are two tuners and guess what my sky dish had two leads formerly plugged in the back of it. I my mind, the first lead will feed tuner A and the second will feed tuner b. Well if that?s the case (since I wanna get some 3'oclock football matches eventually) let me setup tuner A for Astra 28.2e and Hotbird and tuner B for Alsat and some other random one. I should mention that the dish I have is the standard dish and as you may have guessed it?s not motorised (I think is should insert lol here but some of you may find me to be rather pathetic so delete lol)
Okay where was I so as you may have guessed that didn?t work out too good I did manage eventually to get somewhere after and btw tuner b was not configured.
Okay so that was done channels all in alphabetical order some numbered or with no name. (Oh yeah as I am typing I am doing an auto scan for channels and I type like 10 words a min so you can imagine.. OMG why does it take soo long)

Okay so I have FTA channels nice. Next step I want to use my existing card in my new box this surely must be plug n play. I hold my breath in anticipation as I insert my card ( which took a couple of attempts didn?t realise I had to push a bit hard for it to go all the way in no wonder I couldn?t close it lol) still holding my breath as I begin to scan for channels but Oh No just a blank screen no sound back to Google to ask how I can use my existing card in a new box. Well at least I am not the only one as the question has been asked before and the answer has something to do with CCcams. As much as I have read I still don?t really get CCcams but what I understand is this:

In laymen?s terms CCcams allow your box to read cards it?s not designed for (Please correct me if I am wrong)

More to come in part 2 inc CCcams (what fun I can't wait ;)

blueflash234
5th January, 2013, 09:36 AM
you can download a channel list from settings,you wont get anything else other than 28.2 if thats the only dish you have you need a motorised dish to get the most out of it preferably a 1 metre or at least a dish with multible lnb to pick up more than one sat,your card is not plug and play there are loads of tuturials all over the web but maybe some of the guys on here can help

ramjet
5th January, 2013, 10:28 AM
wrong section as it should be in the vu section

downloading a channel list like catseyes E2 list posted yesterday into the box would have saved you scanning

as you only have a dish pointed at 28 east you should have set one or both tuners just for 28e. you need a multiple dish or multiple lnb setup or a motorised dish to get channels from the other satellites, generally speaking the 3`o`clocks are also from other satellites too, like 10e and 39e and not from 28e

you could have downloaded the channel list from the bh server over the internet connection, or used an ftp program like vucc, dreamboxedit or dreamset

you need to install the cams for c*rd reading duties and to configure them (its not plug and play and no linux box is), so oscam or cccam will do what you required, ideally oscam

kegnkiwi
6th January, 2013, 06:42 AM
There will be a couple of things you need to do to get your box to work with your sky card, either from the onlione server download oscam with 0963 configs. Oscam does not need a box key to get all your paid channels to work but it is more difficult to get to work, the best thing is download configs, there are pre-made configs out there ready to install. If you choose to use cccam then yopu will need to get your box key (serial number of box calculated in to hex) and enter this into cccam.cfg in the sec tion "boxkey". If you do neither of the above you will only get non premium channels.

digicon
19th October, 2013, 08:09 PM
Very decent of you to upload a video tutorial but as the OP is around 10 months old if he has not sorted it by now then God help us

cactikid
19th October, 2013, 08:15 PM
anything in video may help others even utube,never too late:top:

wakkaday
19th October, 2013, 08:44 PM
i want to change my image on my icloudbox which have viximage. but i want everything installed on it. can anyone help, that will make it easier. an all in one package?

JAMISKY
20th October, 2013, 01:13 AM
Very decent of you to upload a video tutorial but as the OP is around 10 months old if he has not sorted it by now then God help us
Haha - you are right , but maybe someone is struggling to find a tutorial that does everything including the MetrixHD skin which is quite rare so I thought Id pop by and share the video.. Getting some extra views on the video isn't going to hurt me either , lol ...

RuberDuck
20th October, 2013, 12:50 PM
you may want to view this tutorial before thanking the user for it, he sneakily tells users they can buy ( that which must not be discussed ) from him.

gmb45
20th October, 2013, 01:21 PM
hmmm this thread is going no where, and the vid i just deleted is asking for payment at 14.25, any more vids like that and the grey paint will be out :rulez: