PDA

View Full Version : san francisco

stuckylad
6th January, 2013, 12:38 PM
came across my san francisco yesterday which got water spilled on it ages ago,fired it up,but keeps rebooting,so basicly just wondering if its knackered,any ideas....cheers

Evastar
6th January, 2013, 12:46 PM
might be a bit late to try drying it out, but you could give it a go, either in a tupperware box of rice overnight or with one or two of the little silica packs that come with most electronic equipment.

stuckylad
6th January, 2013, 12:56 PM
might be a bit late to try drying it out, but you could give it a go, either in a tupperware box of rice overnight or with one or two of the little silica packs that come with most electronic equipment.

cheers eva but think it will be well dried by now after a year in a box,just came across it after we moved hoose

Canker_Canison
8th January, 2013, 05:51 PM
Don't use rice, it's a waste of time & can cause more damage to the board.

Open the phone up & look for water damage. Any damage will have to be cleaned with IPA (99.9%) and dried with a hair dryer.

Don't use IPA on the display, digitizer, speaker, earpiece or mic. Also, don't heat up the speaker, earpiece or mic with the hairdryer.

If you're lucky it might work when you get it back together. But it might need the software flashing & I don't know the process for ZTE phones.

Shady
8th January, 2013, 06:00 PM
Don't use rice, it's a waste of time & can cause more damage to the board.

Open the phone up & look for water damage. Any damage will have to be cleaned with IPA (99.9%) and dried with a hair dryer.

Don't use IPA on the display, digitizer, speaker, earpiece or mic. Also, don't heat up the speaker, earpiece or mic with the hairdryer.

If you're lucky it might work when you get it back together. But it might need the software flashing & I don't know the process for ZTE phones.

Hmmm. Copied that info from me :roflmao:

Sent from my Motorola Colorado using magic.

xant14
12th January, 2013, 10:56 PM

Never ever use rice and silca gel packs... Good gosh!!!
When you boil the rice the taste will definitely be tainted possibly even poisonous.

Canker_Canison
15th January, 2013, 05:00 PM
Hmmm. Copied that info from me :roflmao:

Sent from my Motorola Colorado using magic.

You wish.

Here's a word for you to look up... Plagiarism.