PDA

View Full Version : iphone video ???

jordigirl
6th January, 2013, 02:22 PM
i got a video sent me via email to my computer, was filmed on an iphone,
problem is when i try to put it on my android phone it doesn't work , tried drag n drop, sending it via bluetooth, the phone see the video - but it wont play it

do i need to convert it or anything
thanks in advance

DOUGALMCD
6th January, 2013, 02:26 PM
Try it with mx player app.

jordigirl
6th January, 2013, 04:36 PM
i'v tried that app wont work

just keeps saying no corrosponding application :(

thanks anyway :)

johnboy1974
6th January, 2013, 04:59 PM
Jordi is it possible to get the vlc player on android. it can play anything you throw at it. Have a look in the market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pppr
6th January, 2013, 05:42 PM
Most likely your iPhone video is in QuickTime and / or sound is AAC, if it was filmed by iPhone 5. If not the sound is different.
These may mean nothing to you, but they are usually the cause of incompatibility between products from different companies.
You can convert your video to MP4. There are plenty of applications that they do that. The easiest solution for you would be ton install QuickTime on your computer (if it is not an Apple computer), it is free. Then open the video in quick time and export it to other formats like MP4. After that move the video to your phone.
Alternatively you can download an app on your phone that plays QuickTime movies.

touchstek
30th January, 2013, 04:27 PM
Whats the file format ? That is what's the extention ? eg. wav..mp4 etc

Pppr
30th January, 2013, 04:40 PM
yes, with the extension you can see what format they are. QuickTime movies are .mov and window players are etc.
Some movies direct from digital are in raw format and are very large in size. VLC application plays most of the movie types (formats).
For others you need to use a program to convert them or if the application has an export option, to export it to another format. Just like you have zip, rar compacted files or epub and mobi books. An iPad does not open mobi we need to convert it to epub.