PDA

View Full Version : XBMC & NAVI on Mac

Pppr
6th January, 2013, 09:55 PM
Has anybody installed Navi in XBMC on Mac?
I have downloaded XBMC and have installed it on MacBook Pro. It works with add ons already there (nothing special that I can't get free with a satellite dish).
I have also downloaded Navi-x_v37_6, but don't seem to be able to add it to XBMC or even when it looks added on, it does not give me anything more.
I would very much appreciate your help if you have already solved this problem.

Pppr
6th January, 2013, 11:55 PM
Installed it.

Pppr
8th January, 2013, 11:38 AM
I managed to get this working on MacBook Pro. As I have said in another post, this application is not written for Mac and is a pain to run but what we get with it makes up for it.
The application once started takes full screen and does not allow access to finder or other applications. I defined a hot corner in preferences for screen to go to mission control. With this trick by moving the arrow (mouse) to that corner, e.g. to top right corner, I got access to desktop and other applications. I could turn Airplay on and off to watch the movie on TV. But the best was to run screen flow application in the background and record on the laptop any streaming I was watching.

malaga0034
9th March, 2013, 08:39 PM
Put Hulu on & thank me later

Jo-Jo
15th May, 2013, 08:43 AM
just read this about hulu

Update: While the download page hasn't been updated to reflect this, it looks like the plugin is on its last legs. It worked great for me when I tested it this evening, but some folks are seeing some content stop working, and pretty soon the plugin should stop working altogether. You can read more about it here in this forum thread. Enjoy it while you can! Here's hoping we find another replacement soon. I'd still recommend checking out the Bluecop repository, however, as it still has some good content add-ons.

MetalKettle
16th May, 2013, 12:43 PM
Hulu is working fine. There are so many addons providing what you need. Navi-x is just the tip of the iceberg.

Jo-Jo
17th May, 2013, 08:53 AM
whenever i try to install hulu on my macbook pro it does not see the zip file as a zip file it just opens the zip file as if its a folder when i select it :(

Jo-Jo
19th May, 2013, 10:38 PM
ok i have managed to get hulu installed on my xbmc but can not find whats special about it can you inform me as to what its capabilities are

thanks