PDA

View Full Version : Playback of video files?

steviewilson
6th January, 2013, 11:32 PM
Contemplating a solo2 to replace sly HD, just wondering, what file formats the box plays back thru my network ie avi, mpg, mkv? Does it do 720 or 1080p too? I use home plugs not wifi, I know this makes the connection better.
I'll also be using a method to clear channels that's unspeakable of on here, how good does this box perform in comparison ie EPG, series link etc

Thanks

digicon
11th January, 2013, 11:55 AM
Contemplating a solo2 to replace sly HD, just wondering, what file formats the box plays back thru my network ie avi, mpg, mkv? Does it do 720 or 1080p too? I use home plugs not wifi, I know this makes the connection better.
I'll also be using a method to clear channels that's unspeakable of on here, how good does this box perform in comparison ie EPG, series link etc

Thanks

Personally i have not tried any media files on it as yet (It isn't what i bought mine for) but reading around a few people have done tests and apparently it only struggles with High bitrate .m2ts which are found in Blu Ray, So that has to be pretty good i believe this is being worked on with future driver releases which at the moment are every couple of days the last update was yesterday.

The Solo2 can output 1080p by default without the aid of resolution plugin, Persinally have not tried the Series link but downloading the EPG for Multisat takes just over 2 and half minutes.

Channel changing is super quick you can literally just keep your finger on the remote and it will whizz through the stations without locking up.

Regards