PDA

View Full Version : Record on solo playback on another box.

Lyrrad
9th January, 2013, 03:15 AM
Hi

Just recently bought solo 2 and learning. I haven't even installed hdd yet, but but when I do my set up will be twin feed 28.2 only.

If I record anything to the installed hdd using vix, can I play it back on another box (not yet purchased), Android and if so does it need to be another vu+ box and will a single tuner be ok

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Lyrrad
9th January, 2013, 03:16 AM
Forgot to mention both boxes on home plugs network

digicon
9th January, 2013, 03:39 AM
They record in the .TS format Transport stream so most media players support this off the bat so to speak, As most sat receivers these days seem to be able to be media players as well i would think that what ever your second box will be should in theory be able to play it back without any encoding

dell_xps
9th January, 2013, 03:42 AM
You can play back via an iphone/ipad using dreambox live or the official vu+ player, think they are ?5.49 via itunes, or free if your jailbroken :-), as for android yes there is a prog that lets you stream the content to it, think you have to use vlc with dreamanoid I think it's called, google that one m8, I tried it on an android tablet yesterday, streamed HD content whereas the ipad/iphone software only lets you stream SD content to it.
Also if you get another Vu box you can mount the HDD so it can record to that hard drive or playback from that hard drive, not sure if any enigma box will work the same but a Vu+ box will for sure.
HTH

cactikid
9th January, 2013, 11:20 PM
my vu duo records and i can view it elsewhere through my vu solo and my max digital 1000 all on the vix image.

Lyrrad
11th January, 2013, 01:52 AM
Thanks for that info. Is there anyway that you know that you can record from you solo to your duo hdd. Can the solo record?

Also whilst I'm asking what would you recommend for second box single tuner with ability to have internal hdd for pvr.

Lyrrad
12th January, 2013, 08:01 PM
Okay I am still struggling with this.

I seem to be able to do this FTA but not cline channels.

Supply said all set up for twin feed, but could it be that it's not been done?

dell_xps
12th January, 2013, 08:51 PM
Im sure I read it's a fault with the solo m8, might be fixed with a update, check out the revision history, positive I read something about that ?

Lyrrad
13th January, 2013, 04:38 AM
just to confirm

Permenant time-shift not working on re-wind on scrambled channels.

Driver issue so fix needs to come from vuplus rather than Vix/black hole etc.

For me that's a real disapointment.

I may consider selling Solo2

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2