PDA

View Full Version : can I flash DM7020 with dreamup

red devil
2nd March, 2009, 01:38 AM
can someone point me to an image i can flash my 7020 with dreamup, ive got nab dark 2 on it wit cam stuck on CI it wont let me change cam, tried maximo's tut but wen i connect via browser there is no option for firmware upgrade :dontknow:

westkill
2nd March, 2009, 07:55 AM
yes you can on all dreambox :)

ces
2nd March, 2009, 01:16 PM
thats a long winded process using dream up...can you not use the web browser?

ces

red devil
2nd March, 2009, 02:21 PM
thats a long winded process using dream up...can you not use the web browser?

ces
never flashed usin browser so not sure how

ces
2nd March, 2009, 03:07 PM
its the easyest & fastest way my friend....you can load any image to your stb....but why change the image in the flash...do you not have a mem stick?

ces

red devil
2nd March, 2009, 03:10 PM
its the easyest & fastest way my friend....you can load any image to your stb....but why change the image in the flash...do you not have a mem stick?

ces
i have mem stick, do i put image on it adn how do i tell box to boot from it

westkill
2nd March, 2009, 03:22 PM
it tells you in the stickies how to flash via the webbrowser

ces
2nd March, 2009, 03:23 PM
use FW 6.03..that will let you install as many images as you want providing you have the room on the stick

ces

westkill
2nd March, 2009, 03:26 PM
do you not need barry allen installed on the flash image
so when you install barry allen multiboot it looks for a device ,a cf card 1st memory stick 2nd then the hdd 3rdwhich ever it finds thats were you multiboot from :)

westkill
2nd March, 2009, 03:33 PM
i didnt realize the dm7020 could use flashwizard pro 6.3
as the extension on a 7020 image is .nfi instead of .img

seeing i havnt got a 7020 i cant say lol
thats why on my 7025 i use barry allen to boot from cf card but usb is just as good lol

ces
2nd March, 2009, 04:43 PM
barry allan is for stb`s running E2 firmware but you can use FW on E2 stb`s also but only 6.03 version

ces

bobon5106
2nd March, 2009, 05:53 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/flashing-23531/
have a look here this is how i did my 7020
hope this helps
bobon5106

red devil
2nd March, 2009, 09:55 PM
thanks for input guys
bobon ive tried ur method of flashing put command in telnet and box started to reboot and never got there...and it seems to be frozen ...so now wat ??
can i flash a max var image (.img) to the 7020 or is there something else i can try

westkill
2nd March, 2009, 10:07 PM
you will have to flash using dreamup now m8

red devil
2nd March, 2009, 10:13 PM
Thank you westkill could u recommend an image please

ces
2nd March, 2009, 10:27 PM
A nice image for the 7020 at mo is the Gem.... also has some nice plugins & is very stable...you can use FW to install image to the flash mem or mem stick or card, If your going to install to flash mem I would recemend using the browser & ethernet cable as its alot quicker

ces

westkill
2nd March, 2009, 10:31 PM
Thank you westkill could u recommend an image please

ive just put an image in the downloads
EDG-NEMESIS 4.4 for DM7020 !!!

you can use a gemini image if your box is legit and not a clone :)

ces
2nd March, 2009, 10:39 PM
there are no clones of the 7020.... only 500,600 & 800

ces

westkill
2nd March, 2009, 10:42 PM
there are no clones of the 7020.... only 500,600 & 800

ces
cheers m8 i wasnt to sure and ~~~~ up his box up lol

bobon5106
2nd March, 2009, 10:44 PM
thanks for input guys
bobon ive tried ur method of flashing put command in telnet and box started to reboot and never got there...and it seems to be frozen ...so now wat ??
can i flash a max var image (.img) to the 7020 or is there something else i can try

Wait a few seconds and then run Explorer (Firefox or whatever) and enter the ip address of the Dreambox in the address bar.

On the screen that appears, choose the 'Upgrade firmware' option, find the .nfi file and click the 'Flash' button.use the image you want to try
bobon5106

ces
2nd March, 2009, 11:28 PM
does he know how to obtain the original ip address of the dreambox?

red devil
2nd March, 2009, 11:37 PM
Wait a few seconds and then run Explorer (Firefox or whatever) and enter the ip address of the Dreambox in the address bar.

On the screen that appears, choose the 'Upgrade firmware' option, find the .nfi file and click the 'Flash' button.use the image you want to try
bobon5106

Hi bobon, was able to connect no prob, the prob i had as posted earlier was there was no upgrade firmware option wen i conn to box wit browser, right now im flashing nfi image wit dreamup, btw can u tell me where to ftp cams to if they are not in image already

bobon5106
2nd March, 2009, 11:42 PM
var/bin
var/script

this is for ccam
hope this helps
bobon5106

ces
3rd March, 2009, 12:03 AM
Hi bobon, was able to connect no prob, the prob i had as posted earlier was there was no upgrade firmware option wen i conn to box wit browser, right now im flashing nfi image wit dreamup, btw can u tell me where to ftp cams to if they are not in image already

my friend how do you mean no upgrade option? did you power off the stb from the rear then power on holding the upper index button on the front of the stb...if this was done then there would have been an option to upgrade firmware all you would have need to have done was add the path for the .nfi file, this method is only good for installing firmware into the flash...but I would not recommend changing the CVS installed in the flash unless you are updating the original....I would recommend installing any other images on a usb stick or a cf card.

ces

red devil
3rd March, 2009, 02:23 AM
wen i log on via browser i get enigma web interface that is all

i think maybe there is a problem with the box i sucessfully flashed nabilo darkstar 2 with dreamup, ftp Cccam 2.0.1.1. (uploaded by westkill) and now its not seeing it. has anyone seen this problem before

westkill
3rd March, 2009, 08:08 AM
is your box connected to a router you can download the cams etc from the internet via the addons manager using the green or yellow button :)
open zip file and ftp the nab.tgz file to the temp folder and manual install via the addons manager :)

red devil
3rd March, 2009, 09:23 AM
no m8 no router, will try that tonight, hopefully end this thread soon :vollkommenauf:

despdan
3rd March, 2009, 09:32 AM
put the cams & cam.configs in the tmp folder the goto addons & install manualy. If you need cams give us a shout.

red devil
3rd March, 2009, 10:03 AM
Hi dan, dont u just know ill be back m8 lol those little cable boxes are a lot easier, talk to u later :ciao:

ces
3rd March, 2009, 11:48 AM
@ Red Devil

did you read my post about firmware upgarde, you will need a router to do this but I was under the impression you had 1 as these stb`s are built for networking if ya know how to configure them.... my friend I would recommend purchasing a mem stick or card for installing firmware because if all go`s tits up with the firmware installed in the flash then ya stb is nooked & ya have to start all over again.....CVS firmware for flash contents

ces

red devil
3rd March, 2009, 02:22 PM
@ Red Devil

did you read my post about firmware upgarde, you will need a router to do this but I was under the impression you had 1 as these stb`s are built for networking if ya know how to configure them.... my friend I would recommend purchasing a mem stick or card for installing firmware because if all go`s tits up with the firmware installed in the flash then ya stb is nooked & ya have to start all over again.....CVS firmware for flash contents

ces

ces, thanks for ur time m8, tonight i will try to install cams via addons, could u explain about CVS firmware for flash contents if u have time please

ces
3rd March, 2009, 04:14 PM
CVS firmware is an os for the stb for which its intended for....dream multimedia uses this firmware for the products they sell so the stb can function & run for the end user. This firmware does not contain any emu`s, keys or plugins as its standerd firmware

ces

red devil
3rd March, 2009, 10:09 PM
ok, cccam manually installed rebooted restarted cam and we got a picture :flowers: big thanks to westkill, ces, bobon5106, and despdan. would be lookin at a black screen for quite a while without ur support, cheers guys u have some patience ill tell ya,

for anyone that might end up wit a black screen on their 7020 and dont have it conn to a router this is wat i did

flashed nabilo darkstar 2 .nfi image wit dreamup
ftp'd keys and stuff
manual install of cccam

thanks again guys