PDA

View Full Version : DPA 5 Dual or DPA 5 Quad CAN

Biser Kulinov
10th January, 2013, 12:19 AM
Hi colleagues,
I'm thinking to buy one of them but wondering which one.
Which adapter works better and which is OEM supported?
Bluethooth connection is not mandatory.
Best wishes
Biser

Schoolbus Tech
10th January, 2013, 01:20 AM
We have DPA 5 at work and have had issues with freightliner service link all works except the j1939 template test . It works great on my Nexiq looks like freightliner does not support DPA . freightliner says it is a DPA issue and DPA says the tester shows j1939 working . I don't know what to do about this . Just thought you should know this .

Biser Kulinov
10th January, 2013, 01:45 AM
We have DPA 5 at work and have had issues with freightliner service link all works except the j1939 template test . It works great on my Nexiq looks like freightliner does not support DPA . freightliner says it is a DPA issue and DPA says the tester shows j1939 working . I don't know what to do about this . Just thought you should know this .

I read about Freightliner offered specific connectors. What you use?

aarias
17th January, 2013, 10:44 PM
Hi colleagues,
I'm thinking to buy one of them but wondering which one.
Which adapter works better and which is OEM supported?
Bluethooth connection is not mandatory.
Best wishes
Biser

Hi Biser, any DPA 5 Dual o Quad CAN will work with OEM applications, maybe you should go with the one that dont make you spend more money than you need to spend, if you wich y uncle works in DG Tech, and he could help you more with your questions.

Regards.

Biser Kulinov
17th January, 2013, 11:52 PM
Hi,
If it is not a problem I will be realy satisfied to contact me with your uncle. In which department in DG Tech exactly does he work? I'm interested in pros and cons of both adapters. I will use it for European heavy duty vehicles. Thanks for offering me such an opportunity.
Regards

aarias
18th January, 2013, 12:33 AM
Hi,
If it is not a problem I will be realy satisfied to contact me with your uncle. In which department in DG Tech exactly does he work? I'm interested in pros and cons of both adapters. I will use it for European heavy duty vehicles. Thanks for offering me such an opportunity.
Regards

I have send you a PM with the info, dont want admins think that i try to make bussines in here. LOL.

Hope that info an help you