PDA

View Full Version : VU+Uno Clone V3.0 - My Experiences

STBIRE
10th January, 2013, 12:30 AM
Hi All.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Based in Ireland. I am a box junkie. :)

So I got an Uno before Christmas. Couldn't resist the price. Its a special Hong Style version and came preloaded with BH 1.75. 1.75 is not that stable on it and green screens quite a bit.

Now I have tried various other images including those above 1.75. They load but the tuner aint available, so I guess thats a dreaded driver issue.

For the moment I use 1.72 fine but it has limitations like streaming functionality etc. Currently I am using Meoboot to load BH 1.79 with 1.72 on the flash still. This has its limitations also as a lot of functionality has to be done within the flash.

So a question for the gurus here. I see that the CE Solos and Duos are now accepting V3 Vix images and Blackhole 1.79. Anyone any idea where the firmware to update the box to accept same on an Uno is ?

Thanks for reading.:ciao:

digicon
10th January, 2013, 01:19 AM
The Firmware when released will be available from the dreaded Ferrari forums or if some kind soul uploads it here, My advice as far as i am aware the V3 Uno is still awaiting a driver patch compared to the Duo and solo which is available now, Dont forget the drivers last update for the Uno was december where as the Duo and Solo where some months before.

Also look out for patched newer images with older drivers which will still perform nearly the same

STBIRE
10th January, 2013, 01:29 AM
Thanks Digicon. Thought as much. I had actually posted over there but they are fast with the delete button when they don't want to hear stuff :)

I actually tried the DE version they have there for the Uno. That image makes the remote control unresponsive (mine from Mixes). Goes to prove that there is more than one "factory" cloning the VU Unos and not all are Ferrari which seems to be just a front for Nextbay. The answer over there seems to be, give me an original box and I will patch the clones! Farcical.

I guess for the moment V3 stickers mean ~~~~ all. :)

septicsmurf
10th January, 2013, 08:54 AM
This post prompted me to visit the ferrari forum for the first time in about a month. I haven't bothered since I got my solo2 as my old v2 clone is boxed up now.
What a bloody circus. Promised v3 chips for v2 boxes which never materialised. V3 chips with v2 algo. V3 boxes that only run certain new images. One mod that pedals has own crappy image at every turn and accuses everyone of being vu+ or blackhole spies.
One things for sure, I'll never buy a Ferrari team clone again!

temocles0918
13th January, 2013, 01:22 AM
I have a VU+ uno clone.. yesterday ferrari release update V3.2 security IC update.. :)

dmmacvicar
20th January, 2013, 11:25 AM
I have a VU+ uno clone.. yesterday ferrari release update V3.2 security IC update.. :)
Excuse my ignorance but how exactly do you update the box with the latest patch? I heard on various boards people talking about a 232 board? I have an original UNO and never seen anything like that in it?!

RuberDuck
20th January, 2013, 12:13 PM
Excuse my ignorance but how exactly do you update the box with the latest patch? I heard on various boards people talking about a 232 board? I have an original UNO and never seen anything like that in it?!

Then you dont need that rs232 board as it's just for clones so they can load crap onto their hacked security board.

if you have a original you just flash the image via a USB stick as normal.

dmmacvicar
20th January, 2013, 01:01 PM
Then you dont need that rs232 board as it's just for clones so they can load crap onto their hacked security board.

if you have a original you just flash the image via a USB stick as normal.

I should have said that I have a clone now as the original UNO is not not working anymore.

redondo5
20th January, 2013, 01:41 PM
so i take it, without the latest drivers/images, these Uno clones can't use the twin pluggable tuner?