PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Solo Restarting Loop

mrblue
10th January, 2013, 06:58 PM
My newly bought vu solo is in a restarting loop. I have flashed vix 2.4 155 and the problem is when I install cccam 2.1.3 from lsk addons in tspanel, i add my cfg file and everything works perfect but when I do a manual restart it is constantly restarting, vix logo constantly rotating.

I have reflashed and installed cccam 2.1.3 ipk file downloaded from 4shared and same problem when I do a restart.

Cannot understand this as I have set up a few vu boxes before all in the same manner.

cactikid
10th January, 2013, 11:10 PM
read somewhere vu and tspanel cams dont mix as they leave a bug.

mrblue
11th January, 2013, 03:02 AM
Have u got a link to cccam 213 for vix 2.4 that i can use. I downloaded ipk ccam file from 4shared but have same problem.

Really strange this???

dell_xps
11th January, 2013, 09:00 AM
Forget ts and use 2.2.1 m8.

DOUGALMCD
11th January, 2013, 02:18 PM
Similar thread although a duo.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f187/duos-not-booting-after-crash-313626/#post1832124

Does it just happen with vix?
Try loading fresh blackhole and see if it loads if so retry fresh vix.

mdt
11th January, 2013, 08:25 PM
TSpanel doesnt crash blackhole image although its a dm800 sim2 addon really. as suggested get yourself a vix friendly 2.2.1.ipk,regards mdt

wurz
11th January, 2013, 11:41 PM
Just an update from the similar thread that is linked to here, it seems there was an issue with a version of VIX and I was advised by DOUGALMCD to flash a Blackhole image, then flash another VIX image. This seems to have sorted my issue so I'd suggest mrblue gives it a go as well.

mrblue
12th January, 2013, 12:00 AM
Just an update guys, I flashed again with vix 2.4 155 and installed cccam 213 and just pulled plug on box and put back in.

It starts fine, it only messes up when you press Restart or Restart Enigma from the Menu option.

Strange that, Ive even tried mgcamd and its doing the same thing...

mrblue
13th January, 2013, 01:16 AM
Will just have to give blackhole a try and will also test out vti, my solo is a clone so what is the best and safest images for the vu solo clone, black hole and vti........

mrblue
13th January, 2013, 02:35 AM
Just as I thought, this is happening to other people, its been discussed on other forums.

Vu boxes are hanging in restart at boot screen once cccam or mgcamd is installed.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this as its a complete mystery from what Ive read...

Cant understand it as boxes setup before christmas are still running perfect after restart and boxes setup after christmas using the exact same software I have saved on my pc are causing box to hang on restart

I have even disconnected ethernet cable after cccam install to do restart but box still crashes.

How can this possibly be when using the same software from a working box...

DOUGALMCD
13th January, 2013, 02:44 PM
What version of solo are you flashing? Do you have a full back up of a working one to try?
As you have flashed with Vix 2.4.155 you should have latest bootloader on solo.
BH 1.7.2
VTI 4.1

mrblue
13th January, 2013, 06:29 PM
Yeah i have latest boot loader, have flashed bh 172, working perfect, tried vix, no good.

Using vti 4.1 at the minute....

Will prepare the backup but if anyone could try vix on their clone/original, preferably original it might be easier to narrow down...

dell_xps
13th January, 2013, 07:39 PM
Over xmas Vix released an update image that caused a bootup problem, it was fixed the next day, and they did make you aware of it as soon as you logged onto there site, so images do get released that can cause problems, not often but it does happen m8.
Just a pity it's not an original and you would be able to update to the very latest build with no problems.

mrblue
14th January, 2013, 12:20 PM
I have a v3 image for duo with old drivers. Can anyone find a v3 image for a v2 solo and I will give that a try....

RuberDuck
14th January, 2013, 02:16 PM
I'm sick of telling you lot this.

The newer builds need the newer drivers to properly function.

The image is coded in such a way that a lot of it's core functions need those new drivers to properly work and thats what it looks for, if you load a newer build with old drivers it will still load but it will be unstable.

mrblue
15th January, 2013, 02:14 AM
Mmm, i did read that somewhere. Im just trying to see if I can get my box to run vix at all really.

Like I just dont understand how 2 weeks ago my backed up image of vix 2.4 155 worked and now its not working. Its been saved on my pc for ages..

How do I make a backup of my image on a vu+ duo running vix 2.4 155. Going to bite the bullet and try a backed up image of duo thats running perfect. My friend is going to let me try it on his as he prefers vti and blackhole for some odd reason...

dell_xps
15th January, 2013, 03:10 AM
Go into the Menu, then the Vix menu then select backup manager, there is 2 different backups, one just saves yer settings, the other one, the one you want saves the image & settings ok :-)

Just for the record m8, your first thread is saying a Vu Solo, last thread a Vu Duo, 2 different images, but you knew that right ?

mrblue
15th January, 2013, 03:15 PM
Y m8, i know that, i dont have access to a solo with vix 2.4 155 working.

But my own duo has 2.4 155 working great so going to make a backup of it and try on my mates duo.

Now i dont want to mess my own box up. Im in backup manager and the destination is media/hdd, thats my internal sata hard drive in duo. So i just hit green for new backup and it will save to the hard drive.

Then all i do is ftp to box and transfer over to my pc and flash same as usual with usb

mdt
15th January, 2013, 03:21 PM

But my own duo has 2.4 155 working great so going to make a backup of it and try on my mates duo.

Now i dont want to mess my own box up. Im in backup manager and the destination is media/hdd, thats my internal sata hard drive in duo. So i just hit green for new backup and it will save to the hard drive.

Then all i do is ftp to box and transfer over to my pc and flash same as usual with usb

stick a usb stick in it and do a back up to that then flash your mates from the usb stick or do it your way,regards mdt

dell_xps
16th January, 2013, 11:47 AM

Correct m8, or stick a USB stick in it like MDT said.