PDA

View Full Version : Torn between Cuberevo & DM800

mickz
2nd March, 2009, 10:59 AM
Hi all,

This is getting so confusuing now, Do i go for a DM800 which seems to have more support, but now i have read that it only has DVI and not HDMI Is this any problem? will i still get the best picture quality? (with hard drive will cost about ?500

Or the cuberevo mini as below which seems better value but then again how easy is it to get ccam working and overall support, again i have seen mixed reviews some say cccam is not fully supported and cannot find sats etc (still buggy)

h**p://www.pulsat.com/satellite/site/details.php?product_id=30 (http://www.pulsat.com/satellite/site/details.php?product_id=30)

Or for the same price as the dreambox i could get the cube3000 flagship model (willing to spend upto ?500 for the right product).

Been looking for over a week now and it is really pis**ng me off , one seems to cancel the other out.

Plz help good and bad points please i'm sure somebody out there has had a play with both machines.

Thanks mick

aftermath
2nd March, 2009, 11:12 AM
both boxes have good points and bad points.

I think the cuberevo boxes are a much better hardware , and my opinion is much better picture than an 800.

However the 800 has CCcam and cuberevo dont, the cuberevo has Incubuscam which can connect to CCcam and work the same, also the Incubuscam can have only 1 cline at the moment as its still at beta stage, another annoying thing is Incubuscam often stops working or freezes picture.

If you can wait a couple of weeks there may be full Enigma2 support for cuberevo, so things will improve a lot.

How about the DM800 ? that looks like a nice box and has proper HD connection and not DVI like the 800.

there is a manual in the Ipbox threads in the satellite Section maybe that can let you see the capabilities of an IPboxHD 9000

mickz
2nd March, 2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks for your prompt response,The main thing that i require is the cccam at the mo i only need 1 c-line to act as a receiver.But the freezing issue seems to put me if as i will be doing a lot of recording.

With the DVI output , my TV only has HDMI input will this mean that i will need an adaptor and have to use seperate audio inputs.

Most of my tv inputs have been used with x-box etc etc.

Cheers
Mick

aftermath
2nd March, 2009, 11:45 AM
have you considered the dm8000 instead of the 800 ?

i got ipbox9000 and like it very much and the software is improving all the time, who knows in the near future we get a more stable software and incubuscam.

i think the dm800 comes with dvi adaptor

^^MaXiMo II^^
3rd March, 2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks for your prompt response,The main thing that i require is the cccam at the mo i only need 1 c-line to act as a receiver.But the freezing issue seems to put me if as i will be doing a lot of recording.

With the DVI output , my TV only has HDMI input will this mean that i will need an adaptor and have to use seperate audio inputs.

Most of my tv inputs have been used with x-box etc etc.

Cheers
Mick
Hi Mick
when you buy a db800 you will get a cable dvi on one end, to go on receiver and HDMI to the other end to connect to your tv and this is an equal performance of a HDMI to HDMI
ciaoooo

mickz
3rd March, 2009, 11:20 PM
Cheers mate that is what i wanted to hear, I have taken the plunge and ordered a DM800 Hopefully it will arrive v.soon.

This ? might be in the wrong place but what do i need to install 1st so i can have a multiboot , and which is the best image so far for the 800 - i am using Pli on 500 but i do like darkstar and nab.

Also i have a 350 gig 2.5" sata have to install the drive fisrt before any image is added and at what stage do i fomat the drive.

Cheers mate.

^^MaXiMo II^^
4th March, 2009, 11:10 PM
Hi mate
im sure you will find plenty guides and tips here on DK but to start you off i would advise you to get a pen install this in flash

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/nabilosat-dm800-pure-flash-25feb09-barry-allen-4-6-83-a-30995/
this immage will automatic install BarryAllen so you can use multiboot

now install this in your multiboot

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/nabilosat-enigma2-black-hole-dm800-v0-9-a-309

have fun
ciaoooo

cauliflower69
4th March, 2009, 11:21 PM
Got my 800 today and man oh man am I happy. Took a while to get used to enigma 2 but have it all setup with network mounts and hd channels galore delighted.

Best 472 euro i ever spent ;)