PDA

View Full Version : ECM2001 problem with BMW M5 e39

DeMarco
10th January, 2013, 07:42 PM
Hello!

You have a fantstic forum. It's hard to find people who share their knowledge to others for free. My english is so bad, so please excuse me.

I start recently in this ecu tuning world. I done some cars without problems. I use Galletto1260 to read/write and ecm2001 to modify the maps, but yesterday I tried to tune a bmw M5 and I have some problems with it. I can read the ecu, but I don't have the right driver to tune it with ecm2001. Can anyone help me with this???

BMW M5 5.0 V8 MSS54

ECU DATA

taurius
10th January, 2013, 07:58 PM
Where do you find the courage and ignorance to tune such cars with what I understand to be very little knownledge and poor tools/software?

Aren't you afraid to damage the ecu, the engine?

kennfeld
10th January, 2013, 08:05 PM
Where do you find the courage and ignorance to tune such cars with what I understand to be very little knownledge and poor tools/software?

Aren't you afraid to damage the ecu, the engine?

+1

better not tune car if you have to relay on ecm to find the maps it want to say you are not able to recognise them to you aren't ready to tune such cars !

DeMarco
10th January, 2013, 10:54 PM
Well, my only purpose is to learn how to tune ecus. It's a hobby.

I'm going step by step, always with caution and only to friend's and family's cars. I never charge anything.

Everything has a beginning. And, as we say here in Spain,
nobody is born knowing.

Regards

filecloud
11th January, 2013, 07:45 AM

I'm going step by step, always with caution and only to friend's and family's cars. I never charge anything.

nobody is born knowing.

Regards

Hello
First step if you want to learn tuning is the ability to read! Open the bonnet, pullout the ecu, look on the sticker and realize that it says: MSS52

If you find a MSS54 under the bonnet you stand in front of an E46 M3....

kennfeld
11th January, 2013, 09:56 AM

nobody is born knowing.

Regards

When you crash your familly's or friends ecu .... they wouldn't be happy until you pay the invoice from the dealer to repair the car ... and then think you have no knowledge
taking this risk for free ...

to modify the car without driver go in 2D mode to the map and modify manually ;) or with driver manager if you have

dashboardkiller
14th January, 2013, 08:17 PM
keep cool boys!

this is standard Tuner in Spain !

:puke: (very good smile; don?t you think so?)

regards