PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Silverado Problem

williboy
10th January, 2013, 07:56 PM
I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado, and I recently bought a reman dash for it, but when I hook it up nothing happens none of the clusters work, I can start it but when I put it into gear the engine stalls out, to test the dash I took it out and I hooked it up into a friends silverado and it worked just fine, anyone tell me where the problem is.

JandJSpeedShop
14th January, 2013, 02:53 AM
I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado, and I recently bought a reman dash for it, but when I hook it up nothing happens none of the clusters work, I can start it but when I put it into gear the engine stalls out, to test the dash I took it out and I hooked it up into a friends silverado and it worked just fine, anyone tell me where the problem is.

There is nothing in the cluster that would make the engine stall. I own and operate a cluster repair facility. These trucks will start, run and operate fine without the instrument cluster

buffetw
14th January, 2013, 04:06 AM
Vats is your issue.

JandJSpeedShop
14th January, 2013, 05:04 PM
Vats is your issue.

VATS could be the issue if it happens all the time. I was under the impression that his issue was only when the reman cluster was plugged in

Have you replaced the ignition switch, BCM (TCM) or any other module that deals with anti theft where you would have to do a theft relearn (30 mins without the Tech2, 10 mins with a Tech2)

tranzavanza
15th January, 2013, 06:40 AM
This is not a VATS related issue.

This vehicle has a special anti-theft system called passlock2. Which works by compering resistance signals sent from the ignition cylinder in the ON and RUN Position with the ones stored in the body control module.

If this was an anti-theft problem the truck would start and stall after 500ms.

The question is: does the truck run fine without the cluster?

GM came with a new body style for the 03, Are you sure that both trucks interchange parts?
Are the steering wheels the same on both trucks? most of the interior looks exactly the same. although the front clip is also different.

williboy
15th January, 2013, 06:20 PM
It runs perfect in idle, as a soon as I put it into gear it stalls out, I think it is a separate issue than the cluster problem.
I think it stalls because because of a air or fuel problem.

I did not change the anti-theft or do anything along those lines.

JandJSpeedShop
15th January, 2013, 08:55 PM
It runs perfect in idle, as a soon as I put it into gear it stalls out, I think it is a separate issue than the cluster problem.
I think it stalls because because of a air or fuel problem.

I did not change the anti-theft or do anything along those lines.

Issue with the neutral safety transmission switch on the side of the transmission?