PDA

View Full Version : FLASH DXOX WITHOUT NO REMOTE

burnngo
17th May, 2008, 05:57 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT IS POSSOBLE TO FLASH A SAGEM DBOX WITHOUT HAVING TO USE THE REMOTE CONTROL AS I KNOW HOW TO FLASH BUT AS FAR AS IM AWARE WHEN FTP AND NULL MODEM CABLIN IT U HAVE TO ASSIGN IP ADDRESSES FOR BOX YADA YADA YADA !!!! SO IS THERE A WAY TO FIX IT WITHOUT REMOTE CONTROL AS FAR AS IM AWARE IT CANT BE DONE ANYONE GOT AQNYTHING TO SAY ???????????????

scoobysti
17th May, 2008, 06:36 PM
if u use image flashing assistant all u have to do is power it up at the right moment no setting of ip or anything just point to a valid image

Dog
19th May, 2008, 12:23 PM
IFA with a cross-over cable will do the trick

pmoore31
19th May, 2008, 08:45 PM
Make sure you use a null modem lead aswell mate

da14u
24th May, 2008, 12:22 PM
I have attached both null modem and crossover but still it will hang on boot net failed, any ideas or suggestions, thanks.

kryton
24th May, 2008, 02:07 PM
I have attached both null modem and crossover but still it will hang on boot net failed, any ideas or suggestions, thanks.

disable any firewalls / antivirus

wolverine100
26th May, 2008, 01:55 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT IS POSSOBLE TO FLASH A SAGEM DBOX WITHOUT HAVING TO USE THE REMOTE CONTROL AS I KNOW HOW TO FLASH BUT AS FAR AS IM AWARE WHEN FTP AND NULL MODEM CABLIN IT U HAVE TO ASSIGN IP ADDRESSES FOR BOX YADA YADA YADA !!!! SO IS THERE A WAY TO FIX IT WITHOUT REMOTE CONTROL AS FAR AS IM AWARE IT CANT BE DONE ANYONE GOT AQNYTHING TO SAY ???????????????

Flashing without zero-modem
You need:
The Dbox2-Bootmanager , this ppcboot , a Dbox in the Debug-mode, as well as a functioning network.

Considere please that with this method the image is not examined.
You need 8,257,536 bytes a large image, thus 8MB - 128kb (more bootloader).
All official images have exactly this size. If an Linux image selected it and it is 8,388,608 bytes, you remove the bootloader with the Tuxbox Flashtools. Simply open it and store it again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copy the ppcboot to any directory (no blanks). Use this ppcboot as "Bootfile f?r Dbox" and activate "Bootp/Tftp-Server starten".
Name your desired image to 13.imgr and put it into the same directory as ppcboot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attitudes for the boat manager:
BootP/TFTP server: Enabled
NFS server: Disabled
In addition, a serial zero-modem is not necessary with this method, it harms not.

Now press Start and start the Dbox.

After short time Flashing in the LCD of the box appears.
The Flashig lasts somewhat longer than with zero-modem. (up to 20 minutes, is different from box to box)
Wait a little. If the Flashing is final, Flashing Done in the LCD appears and you can plug off the box.
Remember the boat manager to terminate, before you start the box again, otherwise the Flashing is again introduced.