PDA

View Full Version : w211 E class 270cdi cold start problme

kaToo
11th January, 2013, 02:15 PM
Hi all .
I have a w211 E class 270cdi year 2003-04
The problem with this car is that if the temperature outside is cold
the car won't start . It start but it stop imediately ...
This happens too many times than after engine is beeing hot it start good.

This is a common problm with s500 but did anyone face this problem in E class and what should be the problem

Any help will be appruciated ...

ecutuner
11th January, 2013, 10:00 PM
Hello,

i have had some similar problems on some W211 and W203 (all with 270 cdi) in my workshop...
On some of them there was an faulty camshaft-sensor (sitting on top of the cylinder-head, near injector nr. 5). In diagnostic no faultcode was shown but checking with an oscilloscope shows that the sensor was delivering wrong sync-signal from the camshaft when it was cold!
On the others the fuel-hoses from the diesel-filter to the CR-Pump (and from CR-Pump to Rail + from Rail / Injectors back - i mean the transparent ones made of a kind of plastic) were leaking (but not so much that you can see or smell it - they just suck air into the lines!). For some i replaced the gaskets / sealing-rings, and some needed new fuel lines!

I never had any other fault leading to bad cold-start behaviors or to engine shutdown when engines were cold (but i assume that you have already checked the rail-pressure during starting, it should not decrease after starting or lasts for long under 300bars during cranking - if this happens it could be that an injector is leaking internally into the fuel-return-line or it could be that the rail-pressure-actuator which sits on the rail on the other end as the rail-pressure-sensor is leaking - in this case you could remove it and renew the sealing-ring)

With regards (and hope i could help a little),

Mathias

spawns3
11th January, 2013, 10:14 PM
Here is the common fault of that ecu

Faults and effects: Vehicle will not start occasionally. If an error occurs fault readout is impossible. At low temperatures no start possible. Preheating indicator does not light any longer. Engine cooling fan comes on and stays on until the ignition is on. Starter motor is not energized.