PDA

View Full Version : Vuduo Tuner Failed

vuduo
12th January, 2013, 12:11 PM
hi guys,

I have a vu duo clone and all was fine, but last night i noticed that i could not record one channel, whilst watching another. On further investigation, i have now realised that Tuner 1 has stopped working. The reason i know this is because i have checked both satellite wires and they both are working on tuner 2, so it cannot be the wiring or the lnb.

The settings of tuner 1 are exactly the same as tuner 2, so it can't be that too. I am running blackhole 1.7.2.

Please can someone help me!:help:

Thanks!

bassethound
12th January, 2013, 12:49 PM
Not much you can do if the tuner is stuffed m8 you should have payed a bit more and got a original box at least you would have a valid warranty

vuduo
12th January, 2013, 12:52 PM
Surely there must be ways of trying to fix it?

DOUGALMCD
12th January, 2013, 01:50 PM
Try the box on someone elses to eliminate the lnb and cable as problem.
If that's still same do a full reflash of box then see if problem still exists.

vuduo
12th January, 2013, 02:26 PM
Cheers mate, I'll give that a try and let you know how I get on

vuduo
13th January, 2013, 12:01 AM
Ot still does not work. Surely there must be a way of fixing it?

DOUGALMCD
13th January, 2013, 02:21 PM
As tuners are fixed no unless you have new board.

vuduo
13th January, 2013, 02:32 PM
Thanks for letting me know mate. I now won't be purchasing a vu duo as it's expensive to repair/replace.

Which cheapest box can provide me with the following? :-

1. HD channels
2. At least 1 day EPG
3. Has twin tuners
4. Has regular support and updates

bassethound
14th January, 2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks for letting me know mate. I now won't be purchasing a vu duo as it's expensive to repair/replace.

Which cheapest box can provide me with the following? :-

1. HD channels
2. At least 1 day EPG
3. Has twin tuners
4. Has regular support and updates

Get a Tm-2T for ?219 from WOS runs the excellent Vix image plus if you are a Vix forum member you can get a further ?5 discount plus they will instal Vix for you for free

Technomate TM-2T Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR Twin Tuner Satellite Receiver (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-2T-Enigma-2-Linux-HD-PVR-Twin-Tuner-Satellite-Receiver)

vuduo
14th January, 2013, 06:58 PM
Thanks for letting me know basset, but does it have a lot of support, like the dreambox has?

digicon
14th January, 2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks for letting me know basset, but does it have a lot of support, like the dreambox has?

Compared to the dreambox mate no where near the same support or images

vuduo
14th January, 2013, 09:54 PM
thanks for clarifying that digicon mate. I know this may sound like a daft question, but is there a clone dreambox that is hd and has 2 tuners? If so, what model?

bassethound
14th January, 2013, 10:31 PM
You can get a original Dreambox DM7020 HD with 2 sat tuners for around ?550-600

why are you asking about another clone box when the clone box you already have is stuffed

vuduo
14th January, 2013, 10:36 PM
because mate i think the reason one of my clone tuners is stuffed because my missus disconnected it to clean the shelf and daft thing dropped it...she's only admitted it now.

I couldn't afford ?500-600 and i think if it hadn't been for her dropping it, it should have lasted.

digicon
14th January, 2013, 10:37 PM
thanks for clarifying that digicon mate. I know this may sound like a daft question, but is there a clone dreambox that is hd and has 2 tuners? If so, what model?

The Only clone one available from Dream is the 8000HD but its pretty hard to find now and for the price of it you might as well buy an original VU but they just dont have the images that the Clone DM's have.

vuduo
14th January, 2013, 10:52 PM
Surely someone must know whom is selling one? Even if it's in another country.

dell_xps
14th January, 2013, 10:54 PM
RD might know ?

vuduo
14th January, 2013, 10:56 PM
who's RD mate?

dell_xps
14th January, 2013, 11:23 PM
Rubber Duck !!

vuduo
14th January, 2013, 11:24 PM
oh is there someone on here called by such as name? lol

dell_xps
14th January, 2013, 11:37 PM
Yes or Digicon is usually yer best bet :-)

vuduo
14th January, 2013, 11:45 PM
thanks for that mate. lets hope someone can give me an answer, so that i can place an order :)

dell_xps
14th January, 2013, 11:54 PM
DREAMBOX WORLD ENIGMA2CLONES (http://www.sat4fun.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?2113-DREAMBOX-WORLD-ENIGMA2CLONES)
try this site m8, not sure if it's what yer after ?

vuduo
14th January, 2013, 11:56 PM
thanks for that mate, but thats simply a site with clone images. i actually need the box itself

dell_xps
15th January, 2013, 12:11 AM
Should be a link on that site to a seller/shop Im sure.

dell_xps
15th January, 2013, 12:12 AM
Dreambox/ Sunray/ New DVB - SatFool Deals (http://satfooldeals.com/en/10-dreambox)

vuduo
15th January, 2013, 12:31 AM
Thanks very much for that info dell mate. I will check it out tomorrow, although it looks like a legit site, i.e. no clone prices?

dell_xps
15th January, 2013, 12:58 AM
They will all be clones m8 :-), yes it's a legit site also.

RuberDuck
15th January, 2013, 03:22 AM
personally i would not touch a clone if you paid for it and gave it to me for free, there simply not worth it, including the DM clones in my opinion.

if you cant afford a Genuine Vu look towards the TM linux range such as the TM2T this is for me a very nicely performing receiver that works every bit as well as both my duo's and has more ram too, dont be fooled by those who rattle on about DM's having more support the TM has full support from ViX and a few other OE-A teams and more are coming.

vuduo
15th January, 2013, 09:56 AM
@ dell - thanks mate!

Ruberduck - Thanks for the explaination. Regarding the TM linux, how much does it cost and does it have at least 2 tuners?

Also if i am going to go original, i want to keep my costs down, so if TM linux is out of my budget, what else could i get within approx ?150?

bassethound
15th January, 2013, 11:47 AM
@ dell - thanks mate!

Ruberduck - Thanks for the explaination. Regarding the TM linux, how much does it cost and does it have at least 2 tuners?

Also if i am going to go original, i want to keep my costs down, so if TM linux is out of my budget, what else could i get within approx ?150?

I posted everything you needed to know about the TM2T in post 9 its the cheapest twin tuner that runs Enigma 2 natively so receives full support from the OE alliance

vuduo
15th January, 2013, 11:58 AM
Ahh sorry mate, i didn't notice. I have now checked it, but the price is ?220. Thats a bit too much for me mate.

septicsmurf
15th January, 2013, 01:07 PM
If your budget for a twin tuner is ?150 then a duo clone is probably your only choice. After having owned 2 clones and a psu that went pop taking my 1tb hdd with it, I'll never buy a clone again.
I'd say save up and at least get a vu+ duo or tm twin.
Saying that, I think amiko alien do a twin tuner for around ?150.
But I've read that it's a bit buggy and support is nowhere near vu+ or dm levels.

mick7575
16th January, 2013, 04:40 PM
Have you taken the case off and had a look inside? I had a similar problem where it'd been knocked and a tuner stopped working. I took the top off and made sure all the connectors inside were pushed tight, fixed it for me.

Give it a try m8, nothing to lose

vuduo
16th January, 2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the tip mick. I'll check it ASAP