PDA

View Full Version : BBC Iplayer Plugin released ?

dell_xps
12th January, 2013, 02:03 PM
Just received an e mail saying a BBC iplayer
plugin has been released for e2 :-)

dell_xps
12th January, 2013, 02:55 PM
Goes in here,

usr/lib/enigma2.python/plugins/extensions

alonso
12th January, 2013, 05:52 PM
Seems to only work on certain images so far. Crashes my box as soon as you select something to watch, clone duo running blackhole 173

dell_xps
12th January, 2013, 06:00 PM
Runs ok on my Vu Ultimo m8 running very latest Vix image.

sakiblateef
12th January, 2013, 09:18 PM
Are there any plugins for ITV, 40D & 5 ondemand?

digicon
12th January, 2013, 10:18 PM
Are there any plugins for ITV, 40D & 5 ondemand?

You might have to wait a while they only just released this, but hats off to the team that finally managed it thats one hell of a boost for Linux receivers

digidude
13th January, 2013, 08:02 PM
it wasnt a 'team' that created it.

RogerThis created an RTE Player plugin, then also posted a link to a tutorial for creating plugins for XBMC, and it was mentioned that iPlayer 'could' work in a similar way

i spent the next week playing with bits of code and following the bits of the tutorial that applied, and i then emailed rogerthis when i seemed to be going around in circles looking for the 'final link'

after a few emails and a few different bits of code, it came together

a spokesperson for the vix team has confirmed that the code has been optomised (which both me and rogerthis KNEW needed doing) and that they are working on a release as well based on the RTE player and this iPlayer

Should be a good year for enigma2 plugins :)

dell_xps
13th January, 2013, 08:16 PM
Well done m8 !

digicon
13th January, 2013, 08:39 PM
it wasnt a 'team' that created it.

RogerThis created an RTE Player plugin, then also posted a link to a tutorial for creating plugins for XBMC, and it was mentioned that iPlayer 'could' work in a similar way

i spent the next week playing with bits of code and following the bits of the tutorial that applied, and i then emailed rogerthis when i seemed to be going around in circles looking for the 'final link'

after a few emails and a few different bits of code, it came together

a spokesperson for the vix team has confirmed that the code has been optomised (which both me and rogerthis KNEW needed doing) and that they are working on a release as well based on the RTE player and this iPlayer

Should be a good year for enigma2 plugins :)

OH! well a Duo or Trio then or is there no i in team.

lincsat
14th January, 2013, 03:06 PM
Works on the Ultimo and Duo (clone) running BH179, HD is a bit dodgy though. I used the ipk file to install that does a hard reboot to finish.

dell_xps
14th January, 2013, 03:33 PM
Works on Ultimo and Duo originals running Vix also !!

rkeaneno16
18th January, 2013, 09:24 PM
doesn't work on vu+duo clone and blackhole 1.79
any ideas how to make it work

dell_xps
18th January, 2013, 09:26 PM
Must need the latest kernal / drivers ?

rkeaneno16
18th January, 2013, 09:29 PM
where do i find them m8 if u dont mind me asking

dell_xps
18th January, 2013, 10:17 PM
I dont think you can install the latest kernal / drivers in a clone m8, you'll end up with a brick unless it's a v3 clone, but I'm not clued up clones at all.

digidude
21st January, 2013, 08:52 AM
while trying to help someone get it going on a BH image on a dreambox, i dont think it will on those images m8, it wouldnt allow him to install et-livestream, due to 4 missing dependancies, so i got those 4 things, and each one of those then had up to 12 other dependancies EACH missing

sneakerp
6th February, 2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks looking forward to trying this one

satfan54
11th February, 2013, 12:21 AM
Is this ip address dependent, ie will it work in Ireland.

Thanks.

martinedaly
11th February, 2013, 11:31 AM
will try this as soon as I can download, thanx in advance