PDA

View Full Version : A few issues with my new Solo2

bokkie
12th January, 2013, 06:03 PM
Hi all. Loving my new solo2, but having a few issues that I wonder if you could help me out with.
It's hooked up to a motorised dish on tuner a and static sly uk on tuner b. Running latest Vix.
First off is the AGC being incorrect. SNR is correct but AGC shows down in the 30's or 40's on most sats on both my motorised and static dishes.
When I hook up my old duo clone it jumps up to 80's or 90's if I check hotbird or sly uk. checked a few other sats as well but solo2 always shows incorrect.
I've tried flashing a different image and doing a scan. but it was still incorrect so it's not an image issue.
Anyone else having this?
Secondly is transcoding. I can't get it to work at all. I can stream within my network, but as soon as I try outside my network it doesn't work. I enter the ip, the full one not my network ip. I get the openwebif up, choose bouquet, choose the channel, but it just gives info on the program being shown and forthcoming programs. I don't get the little telly next to the channels either, just a dot.
I've tried it on my galaxy s3 and my android tablet but get the same result. I have forwarded ports 80 and 8002 and also tried it in dreamdroid but it just times out. Any help?
Lastly. I normally leave my stb parked on 13e. If I Boot the stb and try going to something on a different sat, i sometimes just get the flashing sat and the dish doesn't move.
If I go into satfinder and check tuner a it normally shows 19.2 and no signal.
I normallly have to go to a channel on 13e and open the channel before it will move to a different sat. If it has a lock on 13e surely it should stay there in satfinder? Why does it keep wondering to 19.2e when it is actually on 13e? Is it maybe because of my agc issues?
Thanks guys, hope you can help me.

bokkie
13th January, 2013, 03:59 PM
Ok. so I click on the little telly next to the channel to stream, and it starts to download the stream. When I click on it it just says cannot open file.
I have vlc for android and daroon player, which I thought would pop open once you click on the stream, but it doesn't.
Any help?

digicon
13th January, 2013, 06:38 PM
the AGC is a standard thing on all images it was reported on first release that the AGC measurement would be down and the Quality would be higher which is the the most important and not the AGC measurement.

As for the switching to another satellite i dont have that problem although i expect you are using a Diseqc motor where as i am suing a 36v actuator and VboxII so again different setup but mine works fine.

The transcoding feature should work without the aid of VLC as that was the point of the extra CPU power no need for 3rd part transcoding function as in VLC.

Also your using Vix and i am using blackhole so you need another party with a near identical setup to give you a proper comparison for any issues

bokkie
13th January, 2013, 06:58 PM
the AGC is a standard thing on all images it was reported on first release that the AGC measurement would be down and the Quality would be higher which is the the most important and not the AGC measurement.

As for the switching to another satellite i dont have that problem although i expect you are using a Diseqc motor where as i am suing a 36v actuator and VboxII so again different setup but mine works fine.

The transcoding feature should work without the aid of VLC as that was the point of the extra CPU power no need for 3rd part transcoding function as in VLC.

Also your using Vix and i am using blackhole so you need another party with a near identical setup to give you a proper comparison for any issues
I have the transcoding working now, albeit a bit stuttery.
I had to change ports to 8001 which is the mobile port and could then open using dreamdroid and daroon player/vlc on my mobi.
The picture freezes for a second or 2 every 3 seconds on fta channels. It's not my mobi connection as it has 10mb dl speed so must be in the transcoding. My broadband ul is 2 mb which should be enough to upload the transcoded stream.

digicon
13th January, 2013, 07:17 PM
I have the transcoding working now, albeit a bit stuttery.
I had to change ports to 8001 which is the mobile port and could then open using dreamdroid and daroon player/vlc on my mobi.
The picture freezes for a second or 2 every 3 seconds on fta channels. It's not my mobi connection as it has 10mb dl speed so must be in the transcoding. My broadband ul is 2 mb which should be enough to upload the transcoded stream.

Dont forget mate even VU have admitted this is in Beta stage and will take a while for it to run as it should, there is literally new driver releases now every 2-3 days for this receiver

bokkie
13th January, 2013, 08:23 PM
So you aren't experiencing smooth playback either? Just checking that's it's not on my end, want to make sure my new box is working as it should.
With the AGC vlaues and the sat problem I was probably making more out of it than it really was.
One question. If I leave the motorised dish parked on 13e and shutdown. When i startup again it normally comes up on bbc1. But if I go into satfinder and go to tuner A, which is connected to my morised dish, should it show a lock on 13e?
Just wondering why it always seems to wander to 19.2e, which is what seems to give trouble with regards to changing sats.

dell_xps
13th January, 2013, 08:26 PM
Open up bouquet, entertainment, scroll to BBC 1 , press the menu button on remote, disable from start up, now go to your hotbird channel, do the same but select it as startup prog.
See if that works m8.

digicon
13th January, 2013, 08:37 PM
Open up bouquet, entertainment, scroll to BBC 1 , press the menu button on remote, disable from start up, now go to your hotbird channel, do the same but select it as startup prog.
See if that works m8.

Thats the point you should not have to do that, if you put the Solo2 into standbye when turned on it should come back on the last channel you viewed.

Example i have motor tuner A fixed B i always leave it on FTA on fixed B but if i switch back on and i am on fixed B if i scroll through the bouquets for another sat channel in a different position it switches my Vbox on and moves the dish, Something which bokkie is not getting.

As for the Transcoding mate i have not even tried it to be honest, but i may just give it a go.

septicsmurf
13th January, 2013, 09:07 PM
Have you tried transcoding in the openwebif?

bokkie
13th January, 2013, 10:18 PM
Thats exactly what I mean. I always leave on bbc1 tuner b and bbc world news tuner a. So when it boots and opens on bbc1, if I choose something on 13e, no problems. If however I go to 19.2e I just get flashing sat. I have to go into sat finder and nudge dish or sometimes just go to bbc world news, and I'm good to go.
Question is whether it's a stb or motor issue.

digicon
14th January, 2013, 02:23 AM
Thats exactly what I mean. I always leave on bbc1 tuner b and bbc world news tuner a. So when it boots and opens on bbc1, if I choose something on 13e, no problems. If however I go to 19.2e I just get flashing sat. I have to go into sat finder and nudge dish or sometimes just go to bbc world news, and I'm good to go.
Question is whether it's a stb or motor issue.

Its probably an STB issue as i have seen this happen on the Duo original with certain motor brands including the highly regarded Dark Motor

bokkie
14th January, 2013, 07:43 AM
So maybe I need to change motors then?
I was having this issue with my duo clone as well, albeit much worse with the clone.
With the clone I always put it down to the psu.

digicon
14th January, 2013, 11:52 AM
So maybe I need to change motors then?
I was having this issue with my duo clone as well, albeit much worse with the clone.
With the clone I always put it down to the psu.

First thing to try is switch the cables over motorised on B and fixed on A and try that see if its any better

septicsmurf
14th January, 2013, 12:11 PM
If it was like that on your duo, it sounds like a motor/cable issue to me.

bokkie
14th January, 2013, 12:20 PM
Ive tried switching tuners already to no avail. Also had f connectors off and trimmed the cable which didn't help either.
Just a pain having to faf about everytime I want to change sats.

digicon
14th January, 2013, 02:11 PM
Ive tried switching tuners already to no avail. Also had f connectors off and trimmed the cable which didn't help either.
Just a pain having to faf about everytime I want to change sats.

Can you lay your hands on another receiver to try even a cheap F3 will do just to test moving from satellite to satellite, As i said i have seen this before happen on original receivers not just the clones

bokkie
14th January, 2013, 02:48 PM
Can you lay your hands on another receiver to try even a cheap F3 will do just to test moving from satellite to satellite, As i said i have seen this before happen on original receivers not just the clones
Unfortubately not, just my clone duo. I keep my sat activities to myself so all my mates, etc have sly or vermin boxes.
Reckon I might have to bite the bullet and stick a new motor up there.
Either that or get a sat engineer to diagnose the fault.

com975
14th January, 2013, 05:02 PM
Hello sir, I have sent you a private message with instructions to get this fixed for free!

-Vu Support

RuberDuck
14th January, 2013, 05:44 PM
Hello sir, I have sent you a private message with instructions to get this fixed for free!

-Vu Support

so let me get this rite, in your very first post on the forum you said you created nagravision 3, then all other posts were in the DM sections and now your Vu support ????.

forgive me for thinking your full of crap but i just dont believe you.

dell_xps
14th January, 2013, 07:32 PM
If you are from Vu can you post on there Facebook site then just to prove who you say you are ?

bokkie
14th January, 2013, 07:55 PM
This is the pm I received from him.

Vu Support Team. We are going to help you out setting up your Vu!

We can have a technician come and visit your house and do it for you

OR

We can do the remote setup. Were we give you the full instructions on setting it up.

Please send me a email to my personal email as the Vu email domain is currently down.

christianjn@outlook.com

Remember to include your Serial number of the Vu+ Solo2 and the Image you are running!

We try to have the best support for our Vu products and we constantly look on forums to help our customers!

Thanks!

Sincerely
Vu+ Support Managing Support Leader.
Christian Jensen.

Full of crap me thinks?

dell_xps
14th January, 2013, 07:58 PM
OH yes, give him your serial to clone, I dont think so.
Plus Vu are harder than the queen to get in touch with, noo way would they contact you...lmao

RuberDuck
14th January, 2013, 08:01 PM
I know in house Vu BETA testers who cant even elicit a response from Vu on their own closed support forum, so i find this post very unbelievable.

digicon
14th January, 2013, 08:03 PM
OH yes, give him your serial to clone, I dont think so.
Plus Vu are harder than the queen to get in touch with, noo way would they contact you...lmao

Hang on a minute your not doubting someone who came up with the Nagravision 3 encryption are you lets be real this guy is telling the truth.

And on a side note @com975 do you think you could PM me the winning lottery numbers for tuesday, wednesday and saturdays Lotto not too greedy just the main draws not arsed about that crappy thunderball game. Cheers and theres a tenner in it for you for your time.

dell_xps
14th January, 2013, 08:03 PM
Time to get this clown banned me thinks !!

dell_xps
14th January, 2013, 08:04 PM
Hang on a minute your not doubting someone who came up with the Nagravision 3 encryption are you lets be real this guy is telling the truth.

And on a side note @com975 do you think you could PM me the winning lottery numbers for tuesday, wednesday and saturdays Lotto not too greedy just the main draws not arsed about that crappy thunderball game. Cheers and theres a tenner in it for you for your time.

Ha ha ha ha ha !!!

bokkie
14th January, 2013, 08:05 PM
Reckon I'll give him my serial, credit card number, address and all my passwords and pins. Reckon that might work.
After all, the email being down and the grand title at the end really convinced me.
Maybe we should just spam his email addy :)

dell_xps
14th January, 2013, 08:06 PM
Just hit the report button, let the mods/admin ban the muppet.

RuberDuck
14th January, 2013, 08:11 PM
just spoke to one of the inhouse Vu team and this guy is full of it, report his post and get him banned.

plus most of the Vu DEV team are in Vegas rite now @ the CE so not sure how he's gona come to this guys house LOL.

dell_xps
14th January, 2013, 09:54 PM
Looks like he is banned now, ****ing muppet.

If anybody would like to sponsor my bank loan, send payments to
iworkforvu@paypal.com
Cheers.