PDA

View Full Version : no wifi

xant14
12th January, 2013, 11:09 PM
Got my little girls T-mobile Vivacity rooted an unlocked today by a vip on here.. can't really mention names, but it begins with S and ends with hady.
Anyway, this VIP put fish and chips on it and it doesnt wanna connect to wi-fi.. tried it on three seperate wi-fis and it doesnt connect.. keeps going thru the 'connecting' 'disconnected' routine.
Briefly I saw a notice come up, but I wasn't fast enough to read it, but sure it said something about Mac address maybe.

Anyone shed any light on this?

To be fair to said vip.. he was a bit pissed this morning, think he spent the night with Rachel Riley.

xant14
13th January, 2013, 12:42 AM
Oh good ol google

download a free app called "ES File Explorer"

Once it's downloaded, open it and go into the settings and scroll right down to the very bottom.

You should see "Root Explorer" and "Mount System as writeable" tick the boxes next to both of these.
If you scroll up a little bit, you should see a setting called "Home Directory" with the value of "/sdcard/". Shorten this down to just "/"

Come out of the settings, and hit the back button, if you look above the buttons (in the app) near the top you should now be in a folder called "/" (Next to a little phone icon)

Go into the "system" folder and then into the "etc" folder.
Scroll down until you see the files "nv_4319.txt" or similar.
I had 3 files and select them individually. Choose to open it with the "ES Note Editor"
In this file, scroll down until you see the line that begins with "macaddr=", (It's my understanding if you lose your Mac Address this line defaults to "macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66")
Remove the stuff after the "=" and input any 6 pairs of hex digits you would like. Since it's a mac address it's not required you must keep the original one. You're limited from 0-9 and A-F. If you want, you can put in your original Mac address.

For example, put this in its place: 00:90:4c:14:43:19

Hit the menu button, and save it. You'll get a little notification that says " was saved successfully!"
Come out of ES File Explorer, and go into your wifi settings. Turn it off and then turn it back on again. It should work now. If not, restart your phone