PDA

View Full Version : Twin DVB-S2 tuner with PVR and timeshift

mikeemmessen
13th January, 2013, 01:15 PM
Hello

I am looking to buy a twin DVB-S2 tuner with PVR and timeshifting capabilities. I am still doubting to choose between several, among which:
- Protek MK-1
- VU+ solo2
- Dreambox 7020 HD

At first glance I like the Protek because of the 'gifts' (darkforce server), but I wonder if it has timeshifting capabilities? Does anyone know about this?

Also I value ease of use, fast change of channels, good audio (dolby surround) and excellent image quality (HD). Could anyone please help me select a fine machine? If you favor another brand or model, please let me know why. Thank you.

Kind regards, Mike

ramjet
13th January, 2013, 01:31 PM
vu solo2 or vu duo in my opinion

good images, tried and tested with the duo, cant see why the solo2 would be any different

both have twin tuners, both can accept an internal sata hdd

both can use bbc iplayer and other streamers , play avi and mkv and mp3 and 4

no idea about that protek, and dreams cost too much

edit

a google search shows the protek uses an external usb hdd, so no internal sata from what I can tell

nunoamorim
15th January, 2013, 03:33 PM
Have a look at the Amiko Alien 2.
Pretty much ticks all the boxes

saj87
16th January, 2013, 10:17 PM
Have a look at the Amiko Alien 2.
Pretty much ticks all the boxes

Has anyone reviewed this box as I'm interested in one

nunoamorim
17th January, 2013, 08:38 AM
Has anyone reviewed this box as I'm interested in one
Have a look

www.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-1207/eng/amiko.pdf

kegnkiwi
17th January, 2013, 09:01 AM
A couple of others to think of, tm-twin oe, tmt2. I've had my twin since april and just recently is working as you would expect.

mikeemmessen
19th January, 2013, 05:16 PM
Hi

After comparing several machines I have decided to go for the VU+ Solo2, because its hardware seems to outperform the competition by far, and I read many happy customer reviews. Thanks for your consideration and time!

Kind regards, Mike

redondo5
21st January, 2013, 12:08 AM
I would avoid choosing a receiver solely for "gifts". These can easily dissapear and the gift itself might not live upto to your expectations.

Solo2 is a good choice imo