PDA

View Full Version : What SATA chipset to have for Lite-on

ps2chiper
2nd March, 2009, 07:39 PM
I tried to flash my xbox 360 lite-on drive today with a ati chipset. I could not get it to read the drive key. From what I had read is that they work best with the VIA chipset or a Nvidia chipset. I was wondering if anyone has more info on that.

cunny
2nd March, 2009, 08:29 PM
I only use my via pci card, purchased from ebay.
I will look into it now mate and post back here.

What i have just read it will require soldering, i have emailed you a guide that covers all drives.

If anyone else requires this guide then message me.

Edit This is the NFO For the iextreme firmware.

ps2chiper
2nd March, 2009, 09:03 PM
Yea I know. I bought a generic TTL adapter from the Segem market. and had soldered it on and connected the two bridge points.

ps2chiper
2nd March, 2009, 09:05 PM
On the ati chipset it would detect the lite-on drive but would fail to get a good key. I will go back to segem and pick up a via card and try that.

cunny
2nd March, 2009, 09:09 PM
If you struggle to do it with the cia card you have me on messenger and i have done quite a few of these drives now without any trouble.

cunny
2nd March, 2009, 09:17 PM
to be honest too the ck3 pro looks allot better, also using the ck3 and via, you need all drivers installed into xp, then if your still getting bad key error with the drive half open, you will need to pause the boot up in windows, either by an os select screen or by entering the bios.

cunny
2nd March, 2009, 09:22 PM
to be honest too the ck3 pro looks allot better, also using the ck3 and via, you need all drivers installed into xp, then if your still getting bad key error with the drive half open, you will need to pause the boot up in windows, either by an os select screen or by entering the bios.

Full liteon guide here
Liteon Drive Key Dump Using Dvdkey32 and Xecuter CK3 In Windows (http://www.martin-gardner.co.uk/liteon-drive-key-dump-using-dvdkey32-and-xecuter-ck3-in-windows/)

ps2chiper
3rd March, 2009, 03:59 PM
Yea I bought a via card today and tried to do it. but I am sol, my drive died. the drive controller chip gets really hot when power is applied to the drive and i get no response from the eject. I am so upset. But I wont give up. I will just buy 5 more xbox's that way I am sure to get at least one of them working.

cunny
3rd March, 2009, 05:24 PM
so did you get the key?

ps2chiper
3rd March, 2009, 06:43 PM
nope. 250 bucks down the drain.

cunny
4th March, 2009, 08:05 AM
Well you got nothing to loose here, put it all back nice and neat, send it back to ms, i have heard of a few people doing this and they have got it back working.

For the bit in postage its always worth a try and i have sent chipped ps2's back to sony before now with recons sent back

ps2chiper
4th March, 2009, 11:49 AM
Yea and if ms wont take. I can do the walmart swap. You just swap the guts with a new one from walmart. and they will exchange it.

cunny
4th March, 2009, 12:26 PM
Yeah thats another way around it but honestly the solderless methods on the liteons are the safest.
The hitchi 79 drive must be modded before it can be flashed and thats the only 1 i know of that requires any kind of soldering.

ps2chiper
4th March, 2009, 02:33 PM
it wasnt the soldering. I am a expert at that. The drive just died without warning. Just bad luck i guess.

Mistabeat
2nd April, 2009, 11:10 PM
Yeah thats another way around it but honestly the solderless methods on the liteons are the safest.
The hitchi 79 drive must be modded before it can be flashed and thats the only 1 i know of that requires any kind of soldering.

I'm not trolling, was just passing through and read that. Just wanted to let you know that the fix for that came out in august 2008 and the drive has been able to be flashed in the normal way since then :rolleyes:

jimbojimjay
9th April, 2009, 02:14 PM
there is a fix for the lite on if the draw wont open its not bricked its just locked up try looking on 360mods

Manizno
31st May, 2009, 10:52 AM
I don't have a VIA sata chipset, I have intel ICH9/JMicron JMB 36x, will I be able to flash my LiteOn drive with that and CK3 Pro?

Rob

cunny
1st June, 2009, 06:34 PM
there is a fix for the lite on if the draw wont open its not bricked its just locked up try looking on 360mods

This was a solder job, i dont think this drive was recoverable, i know ps2chipper had tried, also the fix is for the via freeze for those who forgot to remove the via drivers before they flashed the drive in jungleflasher.

leonid
17th June, 2009, 12:35 AM
I don't have a VIA sata chipset, I have intel ICH9/JMicron JMB 36x, will I be able to flash my LiteOn drive with that and CK3 Pro?

Rob

I believe you need a nforce chipset or a via card in order to use jungleflasher. I use a nforce 4 mobo (socket 939 with amd 3700+ single core) with costs peanuts nowadays and don't even have a via card. I got lucky I guess:D

leonid
17th June, 2009, 12:37 AM
I tried to flash my xbox 360 lite-on drive today with a ati chipset. I could not get it to read the drive key. From what I had read is that they work best with the VIA chipset or a Nvidia chipset. I was wondering if anyone has more info on that.

Its just so much easier if your flashing more than one: get a ck3 with probe. Just get the other person you flash the box for to "contribute"

Aldormanndiobla
17th June, 2009, 02:15 PM
You don't need any chipset, just the latest jungleflasher and the ck3 pro + probe, sata port, usb port and 2 drivers. (one for the ck3 and one to see the xbox dvd drive)

Install drivers, make sure all your settings in the bios are enabled for the sata, boot up with the ck3 pro and dvd drive plugged in, open up JF and select the xbox dvd drive.

Might take a little messing around, but I have done four lite-on's so far, all successful.