PDA

View Full Version : Problem Black Screen New V3 Clone Duo

buzjay
13th January, 2013, 10:33 PM
Hello

I just received my new clone V3 Vu DUO Receiver and tried to update it to the advised image "OpenPLi-3.0-beta-vuduo-20121229_usb"

I firstly upgrade my bootloader to 3.0 and then upgrade the new image... when asking me to remove usb and to rebbot, the receiver keep on starting on the vu duo screen and I have a black screen on my TV...

I'm lost, I tried different image and reflashed the bootloader and have the same problem and I have no tv since so it is really URGENT

Thaznks a lot in advance :dong:

digicon
14th January, 2013, 02:27 AM
If you had read a few of the threads you will have realised that the V3 already has the latest bootloader installed, try installing an older image first via usb to confirm the duo is working OK

buzjay
14th January, 2013, 10:49 AM
Sorry but I a newbies in VUDUO and feel lost about all post and version type...

Which older image do you recommend as I don't know really well image version

thanks in advance for all your help

thanks

digicon
14th January, 2013, 11:54 AM
You could try either Vix 2.4.96 or Blackhole 1.7.2 and see if these load OK

lincsat
14th January, 2013, 03:03 PM
There is the new security chip update V3.2, have you tried loading that before the newer OpenPLi?

The latest images including Blackhole V1.7.9 and others are now available on the Ferrari download site.

buzjay
14th January, 2013, 03:15 PM
No I haven't tried...

as newbies can you be more precise please... I need to upgrade bootloader to 3.2 before ? Have you the link or process ?

Thanks

lincsat
14th January, 2013, 03:21 PM
It's not a Bootloader update, it's for the V3 security chip. The file is available from the Ferrari site, try Googling "V3.2 upd_vu62k.zip"

You connect the supplied RS232 adapter to the box, then use a Null-Modem cable to connect to a PC's serial/COM port (May work through a USB dongle, not tried it). Run the app and select the binary, then power up the box and it loads in about 10 seconds.

buzjay
14th January, 2013, 03:30 PM
It's not a Bootloader update, it's for the V3 security chip. The file is available from the Ferrari site, try Googling "V3.2 upd_vu62k.zip"

You connect the supplied RS232 adapter to the box, then use a Null-Modem cable to connect to a PC's serial/COM port (May work through a USB dongle, not tried it). Run the app and select the binary, then power up the box and it loads in about 10 seconds.

It's safe for my clone ? I prefer to confirm before burning my box ;-)

lincsat
14th January, 2013, 03:33 PM
It's only for V3 clones

buzjay
15th January, 2013, 08:28 PM

Sorry but when looking after V3.2 upd_vu62k.zip on google or on Ferrari site without result ? Please help, is that this topic on your site : UBB Message - Dreambox Made in China OEM Forum (http://www.8a8f8.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/48061/VU_boxes_security_IC_update_is#Post48061)

IAmATeaf
15th January, 2013, 09:51 PM
Sorry but when looking after V3.2 upd_vu62k.zip on google or on Ferrari site without result ? Please help, is that this topic on your site : UBB Message - Dreambox Made in China OEM Forum (http://www.8a8f8.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/48061/VU_boxes_security_IC_update_is#Post48061)

That's the old update, have a look in the Solo/Duo forums for the keyword v3.2, that should get you the update.

buzjay
15th January, 2013, 09:57 PM
ok found it thank you but need to find a r232 cable or the way to load this by usb... Any help ?

thx

digicon
16th January, 2013, 01:26 AM
ok found it thank you but need to find a r232 cable or the way to load this by usb... Any help ?

thx

Your Ferarri clone should have come with a Null modem cable and IC security update chip board in the box.

IAmATeaf
16th January, 2013, 12:02 PM
Your Ferarri clone should have come with a Null modem cable and IC security update chip board in the box.

+1 ^what he said and try and get a PC/laptop which has a real physical serial port as I've heard that USB adapters don't work.

digicon
16th January, 2013, 10:22 PM
+1 ^what he said and try and get a PC/laptop which has a real physical serial port as I've heard that USB adapters don't work.

+1 they dont work the serial adaptors

DOUGALMCD
16th January, 2013, 10:26 PM
I've asked this before but why did you want to change image before you learnt how to work the box?