PDA

View Full Version : Golf 6 ECU EDC17

Mrpromega
14th January, 2013, 08:43 PM
Hi

I've Golf6 year 2009 with EDC17

The original ecu is burned, i've the same ecu but used with the same Hw and Sw numbers

I've only mpps but no way to do it cause the ori one can't be accessed with diag !

My question is; if i desolder the tricore from the ori one & resolder it to the other, could i solve the problem ??

Thanks to any help !

TECH
14th January, 2013, 09:53 PM
no tools to read but tool to desolder the tricore?
better way find a tool for bench reading... galleto2 maybe.

Mrpromega
14th January, 2013, 10:32 PM
Hi

Thank u for the reply,

i've seen in the net that are many official programmers that can do it as fgtech, kess2....etc, but the problem is; i'll wait for about 2months to get the order.

Shortly, sure i'll invest in an official one but now i'm blocked & can't at any time get on table to read or write anything from EDC17

Only, i guess to the hot air ... What do u think ?

kanzus
2nd March, 2013, 05:36 PM
Galletto 2 read write edc17cp14 ok in tricore bootmode, I've read many of these without problem.

Dobermann
3rd March, 2013, 12:23 AM
Galletto 2 read write edc17cp14 ok in tricore bootmode, I've read many of these without problem.

yes works perfekt but you cant clone the ecu !!

only optican can do it on tc1796 and tc1797

i have fgtech and optican genuwine tool !! for obd and boot !!

Dobermann
3rd March, 2013, 12:26 AM
Hi

I've Golf6 year 2009 with EDC17

The original ecu is burned, i've the same ecu but used with the same Hw and Sw numbers

I've only mpps but no way to do it cause the ori one can't be accessed with diag !

My question is; if i desolder the tricore from the ori one & resolder it to the other, could i solve the problem ??

Thanks to any help !

if you can desolder the tricore chip and solder it in other ecu that musst work but only if the hardware number is the same !!

desolder the tricore is very difficult !! we tryed it and you need spezial tool for solder

yugo45
3rd March, 2013, 01:24 AM
To desolder that MCU you'll be looking to have something like this:
Jovy Systems RE-8500 Infrared BGA Rework Station Video Review - YouTube

And it is not chip:
Infrared BGA Rework Station Jovy re 8500 Jovy Systems re 8500 for Soldering | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infrared-BGA-Rework-Station-Jovy-RE-8500-Jovy-Systems-RE-8500-For-Soldering-/281042792892?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416f74b1bc)

So I think it is cheaper to get tool to read/write this ECU.

easytech
3rd March, 2013, 12:43 PM
If you have same HW en SW numbers use AVDI to adapt the ecu to car.