PDA

View Full Version : HELP! need downloads for r4 III SDHC

Micknkate
2nd March, 2009, 10:22 PM
have just bought an r4 III SDHC. it came with USB and SD card, but no software disc supplied. have tried downloading software from the site which i purchased r4 from, but when i try to load up my ds, the loading screen turns to a red icon with the word "menu" below.

climbing the walls here so any help will be greatly appreciated as new to all this and have spent the last 5 hours downloading different links only nothing seems to work!! dont know where I am going wrong.

neiluss
2nd March, 2009, 11:00 PM
hear you go only for SDHC

Micknkate
4th March, 2009, 09:06 PM
Still only getting as far as the R4 top screen and the bottom screen is frozen. Dont know what I am doing wrong, I have wiped everything off the card and started again numerous times and still the same. Where am I going wrong? Someone said you have to format the card first, but how do you do that?
Thanks
Kate

trevor1969
5th March, 2009, 05:07 PM
Still only getting as far as the R4 top screen and the bottom screen is frozen. Dont know what I am doing wrong, I have wiped everything off the card and started again numerous times and still the same. Where am I going wrong? Someone said you have to format the card first, but how do you do that?
Thanks
Kate

have you fully unzipped the sw if you have put all files on your card i have done and all works great

Micknkate
5th March, 2009, 08:10 PM
I left it all to my son, will have to ask him but sure that he did. Cant believe that I managed to get my Eurovox up and running and yet this has got me stumped!! Thanks for your help.

trevor1969
5th March, 2009, 08:26 PM
where ya getting ya games from are you unzzipping the games ok you just put the bin file on the name of the game and numbered bin file

Micknkate
6th March, 2009, 12:41 PM
Sorry, can you explain a bit more what you mean, not sure about the numbered bin file bit etc. Thanks. Katie

dell_xps
6th March, 2009, 12:52 PM
where ya getting ya games from are you unzzipping the games ok you just put the bin file on the name of the game and numbered bin file

Bin file ? DS games finish in nds not .bin, I'm confused.com with this also.
Anyway Katie once you have downloaded your game, just drag it into your memory stick.
HTH

Micknkate
6th March, 2009, 06:02 PM
so glad its not just me thats finding this all a bit confusing. Will have a look at what the game title end in. cheers

scasmier
29th March, 2009, 03:47 PM
i am bought this clone, too. it didn't come with a cd and the downloads from their website don't work.

scasmier
29th March, 2009, 03:50 PM
I also bought one of these clones and it doesn't have a cd and the software I downloaded from their website (www.r4iiisdhc.com (http://www.r4iiisdhc.com)) doesn't seem to get it working well.

Danny Longbottom
31st March, 2009, 11:27 AM
will give it a go - now have one which is R4 iii and one revolution 3

Hal9000
4th April, 2009, 05:10 PM
I know exactly where you're coming from. Had exactly the same problem. Don't normally reply to these things - I'm shy! But having spent the last 3 and a half hours sifting through reams and reams of help, suggestions, criticisms and put downs, downloading version after version of firmware and still getting nowhere, when I finally found one that works, I just had to pass it on to you. I found a site called http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ and from here, select the R4IIISDHC v3.07 english.zip file (4.60MB). Unzip it (it's not a .rar file) and even though mine then said v3.04, I WASN'T WORRIED BECAUSE IT WORKS!!!! The company I bought the card from have since replied with the following ...

"Please go to www.r4iiisdhc.com (http://www.r4iiisdhc.com/)

Download 3.07
And then extract it

Put the contents of r4_eng into the 4gb card make sure you drag the 4 files in and not the r4_eng folder itself"

I'm sure that was one of the million things I'd previously tried, but haven't tried it again as THE LINFOXDOMAIN SITE WORKS!!! I hope it works for you too. I have no hair left!

Meta2p
10th April, 2009, 04:22 PM
I've got one too, but i get the same MENU thing..

mickydibble
5th August, 2009, 12:21 PM
You guys go to gba.temp all ds cards catered for there plus etc......themes,firmware,cheats. Whatever....micky

seanq
8th August, 2009, 10:06 AM
i got a new 4gig microsd card and put all same files as on another card so ds will work but when i turn it on it just says loading!

any help as i can't seem to fix
sean

tezmand
11th October, 2009, 05:54 PM
i have just brought an r4 upgrade sdhc and downloaded loads of games it works fine on my nieces ds lite but wont work at all on my nephews sayd no game is in help

mickydibble
12th October, 2009, 10:42 AM
i have just brought an r4 upgrade sdhc and downloaded loads of games it works fine on my nieces ds lite but wont work at all on my nephews sayd no game is in help

have they got same console ds lites /or maybe dsi...if so take cart out and mem card try again

bones9993
12th October, 2009, 10:27 PM
cant get rid of this menu?

please help!!

LightninKJC
16th November, 2009, 03:41 PM
Also, having same problem, after hours of searching and downloading different versions of software etc, always comes up red face with MENU?

Grrrrr, thought memorybits were good too!:dontknow:

Bluebridge
27th December, 2009, 03:33 AM
I'm also having trouble with this, been downloading countless stuff from everywhere get past the red menu thing to loading and nothing happens!!!!

rodeorose1962
27th December, 2009, 08:01 AM
I'm having the same trouble, Kate... downloaded files I was directed to by co. I purchased card from, and it doesn't work...

zaikawa
28th December, 2009, 04:41 PM
cant get it work..

Bulld0g
28th December, 2009, 04:44 PM
cant get it work..

Can't get what to work ,The download ? Wait aout 20 minutes and you can download after the server updates.

ita0ati
27th September, 2010, 05:01 AM
Mine's stuck on the menu screen just a menu ? pops up ntohing else can't even get to the menu screen. >.<

barrowmanandrew
27th September, 2010, 10:42 AM
Mine's stuck on the menu screen just a menu ? pops up ntohing else can't even get to the menu screen. >.<
try this.
copy entire contents of sd card on to pc
format sd card
copy files back onto sd card

tangy
8th January, 2011, 02:11 PM
have just bought an r4 III SDHC. it came with USB and SD card, but no software disc supplied. have tried downloading software from the site which i purchased r4 from, but when i try to load up my ds, the loading screen turns to a red icon with the word "menu" below.

climbing the walls here so any help will be greatly appreciated as new to all this and have spent the last 5 hours downloading different links only nothing seems to work!! dont know where I am going wrong.

I'm having the same problem! help please :(

BlackWhite
1st December, 2011, 08:59 PM
But the Problem is, that the page doesn't exist any more !!! Does anybody know, where I can find the 3.07 Version ?

BlackWhite
1st December, 2011, 09:13 PM
Sorry, the page (www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/) exists, but only with the 3.07 version :-( Does anybody know, where i can find the 3.08 version. 3.07 does not work with the newer games !!!

walfie
26th February, 2012, 08:07 PM
yeh this keeps happening i tryed to get pokemon black to work and it wipped my system

hellohello123
23rd September, 2012, 01:27 AM
hello hello

bl4cknjght
16th October, 2012, 05:08 PM
thanks all

superhydroyeast
25th January, 2013, 08:23 PM
Need help with this also. I'm not sure if it's a damaged R4? I tried installing Wood R4 onto it but it doesn't seem to work..

salar
3rd March, 2013, 01:29 AM
thenk you very very mache