PDA

View Full Version : Golf Thread

Salami
17th May, 2008, 06:39 PM
there is any golfers in this forum if so.

What is?
Your handicap. (please don't say my wife or girlfriend.)
Your favorite golf ball.
Your Golf Club.
Favorite Golf Course.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1927/golfinggirlqn1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

gazz10
17th May, 2008, 07:04 PM
Used to play a few years ago. I keep meaning to get clubs out of garage, Got two sets of clubs at the moment. Set of Maxfli tour,the other set well cant mind name bought from one of these bid-up tv sites.

Favorite clubs was my older ones was XL-4 spalding, favorite ball well never really had one, i tended to stick to top flite.

As for handicap well was 17 that me being modest.

Favorite club had to be my local club Dullatur, had two courses both had some nice holes, both had difficult ones as well.

Can proudly say i hit my first an only hole in 1 at the 5th on Carrickstone Course . can still remember the day, 170 yard , and i went with 5 iron, green raised so barely see hole, but all i remember was the 3 ball in front jumping up and down on tee, an applauding, still got the ball to this day.

Guess i should let clubs get some air again .

biffo1
17th May, 2008, 08:50 PM
the only golf im good @ is tiger woods pmsl , altho ive had a few rounds in my time , its pure technic and isnt bloody easy lol

Salami
18th May, 2008, 10:46 PM
Used to play a few years ago. I keep meaning to get clubs out of garage, Got two sets of clubs at the moment. Set of Maxfli tour,the other set well cant mind name bought from one of these bid-up tv sites.

Favorite clubs was my older ones was XL-4 spalding, favorite ball well never really had one, i tended to stick to top flite.

As for handicap well was 17 that me being modest.

Favorite club had to be my local club Dullatur, had two courses both had some nice holes, both had difficult ones as well.

Can proudly say i hit my first an only hole in 1 at the 5th on Carrickstone Course . can still remember the day, 170 yard , and i went with 5 iron, green raised so barely see hole, but all i remember was the 3 ball in front jumping up and down on tee, an applauding, still got the ball to this day.

Guess i should let clubs get some air again .

Maxfli is one of the good golf clubs in the market playing of 17 handicap is respectful handicap.

To have hole in one at the fifth hole named "Rushes" is quiet good.
Well I played Dullatur many times over and over I don't really rate it because I prefferd the Old Course it was great and I have lots of good memories in this Golf course Old and New one too, in fact I know most of the members including the past Captains. I use to like the Course the time when most of the members were Taxi Drivers in Cumbernauld TOA.

New Dullatur is too big to control and to handle and also lack of Management experience they are in debts, because of the greed, they have had an idea that having 36 holes golf course will be better, and accepted the offer from North Lanarkshire Council that suppose to build a new Motorway through the valley by using part of the old golf course land but never happened when NLC decided to up grade the A80.
However they lost the listed building the old Club house and it's history.

I think you should back to golf again is a great sport between you your golf clubs and the golf course I think is a bit frustrating game but over all is a good sport. you never know we may meet one day at Dullatur, Palacerigg or Westerwood who knows.:cheers:

Salami
18th May, 2008, 10:56 PM
the only golf im good @ is tiger woods pmsl , altho ive had a few rounds in my time , its pure technic and isnt bloody easy lol

Yes is not easy game but takes a bit time to learn the basics and I wont be too technical here cause I am a PGA qualified Coach and I understand what you mean. Believe me is very enjoyable when you know how.

is not really necessary to be good at it to enjoy the game but you need to be a bit patient but the crack with your mates after the game is something different than any other sports hey specially when you set down for a couple of pint and you end up having a couple of gallons of what ever your favorite drink.

I am not good on consoles golf game give me sour fingers. lol :tee:

Baaheeduk
19th May, 2008, 04:58 PM
Was playing off about 18 but not been out for ages. going away to start a regular Saturday slot again.

Clubs: Wilson Fat Shaft
Ball: Dunlop DDH
Course: I'm fotunate enough to get called upon when my company has visitors from abroad that want to play golf. I have played Carnoustie Championship, Kingsbarns and a good local course in Dundee (Downfield) where they play qualifying rounds for The Open. Not really got a favourite but I do prefer picturesq in-land courses with lots of trees and nice water hazards etc. Links courses are great to play but can be boring?

gazz10
20th May, 2008, 03:21 PM
we may meet one day at Dullatur, Palacerigg or Westerwood who knows.:cheers:

Played Westerwood twice and never liked it, played it away back when i first opened,fairways, greens not established, and then maybe about 3-4 years ago and noticed the big difference,now its just a mess i personally think too much houses dotted around the course on certain holes,irrons of tee's etc,As for Palacerigg thats a decent Council Course, one of the better ones i have played, a few on the front nine that i used to hate, but once you hit the back nine well it seems to get easier,(Am presuming you mean Palacerigg and not the playing field at the drive range lol)

Salami
20th May, 2008, 08:50 PM
Was playing off about 18 but not been out for ages. going away to start a regular Saturday slot again.

Clubs: Wilson Fat Shaft
Ball: Dunlop DDH
Course: I'm fotunate enough to get called upon when my company has visitors from abroad that want to play golf. I have played Carnoustie Championship, Kingsbarns and a good local course in Dundee (Downfield) where they play qualifying rounds for The Open. Not really got a favourite but I do prefer picturesq in-land courses with lots of trees and nice water hazards etc. Links courses are great to play but can be boring?

Good on you the golf is a better sociable game and I bet you enjoy at the end of each round.

Regarding the Downfield is a superb golf course and I have played it for the west of Scotland amateurs championship qualifier and I enjoyed every bit of it though is tough is a real championship course keep playing the game and I hope to meet you some time.

you are right land park golf courses are always have a nice views of the nature specially in Scotland and no disrespect to any other countries :viking:

Salami
20th May, 2008, 09:00 PM
Played Westerwood twice and never liked it, played it away back when i first opened,fairways, greens not established, and then maybe about 3-4 years ago and noticed the big difference,now its just a mess i personally think too much houses dotted around the course on certain holes,irrons of tee's etc,As for Palacerigg thats a decent Council Course, one of the better ones i have played, a few on the front nine that i used to hate, but once you hit the back nine well it seems to get easier,(Am presuming you mean Palacerigg and not the playing field at the drive range lol)

Westerwood never was gone to be a good golf course nor as a Open Championship course as they claimed before for many reasons. The golf course and the hotel has build for business purposes only with Seve Ballesteros name attached to it and that's why Seve had to declare that he has nothing to do with Westerwood golf course.

The ruling to use an iron from the tee is not acceptable and certainly is not :aetsch: part of the golf rules is a local rule.

randall
31st May, 2008, 10:15 AM
I played at the London Club a few weeks ago - a tough course, especially when you get in the rough! They've just put their fees up from ?10k to ?18k a year as its hosting the Open. Waste of money I say. :reddy:

father ted
2nd June, 2008, 01:46 AM
i play on 2 courses west lothian,(wont be renewing here ) and linlithgow , handicap of cough cough 18 ,(shame i think it mite be lapsed now havnt played in a medal for ages)golf ball srixon balata, or callaway ,golf clubs ,Mizuno T Zoid i was palying westerwood one day with my wifes boss and 2 other guys one guy was hitting crap and blamed the clubs he asked how much money i had and i said 150 quid he threw them at me and took the money turned out it was robert wiseman of wiseman dairies hed just bought them that day too played glen eagles loads of times thro corporate membership from work but prefer Auchterarder

Fleabum
2nd June, 2008, 05:12 PM
I've been known to have the odd round of golf. No handicap to speak off, I find it more of a sort of exercise and mind relaxation.

I've love to play more, just need to find the time!

Salami
3rd June, 2008, 11:10 PM
i play on 2 courses west lothian,(wont be renewing here ) and linlithgow , handicap of cough cough 18 ,(shame i think it mite be lapsed now havnt played in a medal for ages)golf ball srixon balata, or callaway ,golf clubs ,Mizuno T Zoid i was palying westerwood one day with my wifes boss and 2 other guys one guy was hitting crap and blamed the clubs he asked how much money i had and i said 150 quid he threw them at me and took the money turned out it was robert wiseman of wiseman dairies hed just bought them that day too played glen eagles loads of times thro corporate membership from work but prefer Auchterarder

God bless you father 18 handicap is not too bad and is hard to beat the golfers in that category, you see father the golf is a good business as well as a good sport for any ages, you never know who you gonna meet or play a game of golf with next round.:party :

<--Salami added 7 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...-->

I've been known to have the odd round of golf. No handicap to speak off, I find it more of a sort of exercise and mind relaxation.

I've love to play more, just need to find the time!

I think you are the first person like a game of golf from time to time and he couldn't find time for it as you may know the golfers find time for a round of golf any time they want to with no problem, they even play golf when is snowing do you get it? :aetsch:

<--Salami added 7 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...-->

I played at the London Club a few weeks ago - a tough course, especially when you get in the rough! They've just put their fees up from ?10k to ?18k a year as its hosting the Open. Waste of money I say. :reddy:

That only happen in Japan not in UK agree with you do you know I can by a nice car or a council flat for that price. I bet most of them dress up like a golfer have the most expensive gear and never off the :call2: and can't hit a ball for a 100 yards.
What a waste.:sheep: