PDA

View Full Version : vu duo clone or genuine

Mr G Monkey
15th January, 2013, 09:10 PM
Hi i have been offered a clone vu duo box for 280 quid locally is this a good price for them or would i be better going for a genuine one and if so where is the best place to buy one.

i have a skybox f3, but the wife wants one which similar to skys setup with pause and rewind etc and i think these ones would be the ones to go for. is there any other good alternatives

thanks again

cactikid
15th January, 2013, 10:15 PM
keep well away as it will become a doorstop sooner than you think,i think the originals have got cheaper now but newer second editions have now gone on sale.

bokkie
15th January, 2013, 11:07 PM
?280 is a ripoff for a clone. You can get an original for less than that, or a solo2 for ?20 more.
I think the going price for clones are about ?150 from china at the moment.
If I were you I'd get a solo2 for a bit extra, or even an original duo.

dell_xps
16th January, 2013, 12:13 AM
Shake the hand off him m8, only kidding avoid like the plague, ?280, you can buy a genuine one for that !!!

Mr G Monkey
16th January, 2013, 11:43 PM
cheers for the feed back,

does the solo2 have pause and rewind, record etc.

also where would you recommend to buy it from

thanks again

mtv1
16th January, 2013, 11:48 PM
Satboxes.com Online Store - Quality Satellite Products at reasonable prices from Ireland - VU+ Duo Twin Tuner HD Linux Sat receiver with 2TB HDD fitted special offer (Genuine model) (Powered by CubeCart) (http://satboxes.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=32)

i got mine there top notch ,, and he's local returns not an issue and genuine ;)

polt
20th January, 2013, 03:26 PM
I would go for solo2 m8 newer box smaller than duo and only ?309, if you want HDD added it's another ?80 world of sat have them. This would be best bet phone them up tell them you need it to do time shift permanently and record. He'll set it up for you.

digicon
20th January, 2013, 04:20 PM
I would go for solo2 m8 newer box smaller than duo and only ?309, if you want HDD added it's another ?80 world of sat have them. This would be best bet phone them up tell them you need it to do time shift permanently and record. He'll set it up for you.

So does just about every other online sat supplier if you ask, personally i would buy from an online German retailer where you can get the Solo2 now for around ?270 delivered with a 2 year warranty, there is only one other UK supplier that offers the 2 year and it aint WOS

redondo5
20th January, 2013, 08:41 PM
So does just about every other online sat supplier if you ask, personally i would buy from an online German retailer where you can get the Solo2 now for around ?270 delivered with a 2 year warranty, there is only one other UK supplier that offers the 2 year and it aint WOS

Which other UK supplier give 2 years warranty, i'd like to know.

And yes, I would agree with, go for Online german retailer at ?270 and alao buy a 2.5" internal hard disk and install it yourself.

Basically, at one point or another you're going to have to start learning how to use the box, might as well start on day 1. That way, the experiance will be much more enjoyable knowing you know how to overcome simple issues, and things you might need to do once in a while i.e. flash a new image, ftp files etc.

Everything is a lot easier than it sounds and plenty of people here and elsewhere on the various fsat forums willing to assist

digicon
20th January, 2013, 08:46 PM
Which other UK supplier give 2 years warranty, i'd like to know.

And yes, I would agree with, go for Online german retailer at ?270 and alao buy a 2.5" internal hard disk and install it yourself.

Basically, at one point or another you're going to have to start learning how to use the box, might as well start on day 1. That way, the experiance will be much more enjoyable knowing you know how to overcome simple issues, and things you might need to do once in a while i.e. flash a new image, ftp files etc.

Everything is a lot easier than it sounds and plenty of people here and elsewhere on the various fsat forums willing to assist

This is just to satisfy the query and i dont have any connection with such a link LOL

http://www.redappledigital.co.uk/VU-Solo-2-HD-Satellite-Receiver-p/solo2.htm

redondo5
20th January, 2013, 11:12 PM
This is just to satisfy the query and i dont have any connection with such a link LOL

http://www.redappledigital.co.uk/VU-Solo-2-HD-Satellite-Receiver-p/solo2.htm

If only they had a physical shop too. I prefer using my local retailers if the prices are similar online and local.

i really had wanted the solo2 when it was released and had a local supplier, so went there. Otherwise would have gone German for sure, 2 year warranty is worth it, especially for expensive products.

digicon
21st January, 2013, 03:40 PM
If only they had a physical shop too. I prefer using my local retailers if the prices are similar online and local.

i really had wanted the solo2 when it was released and had a local supplier, so went there. Otherwise would have gone German for sure, 2 year warranty is worth it, especially for expensive products.

Question is how many smallish Online retailers actually have Business premises not that many most do it from home due to costs