PDA

View Full Version : Cant Play New Xbox 360 Games On iextreme?

cunny
3rd March, 2009, 07:13 AM
If your unable to play MLB09, its not a bad rip or something wrong with the xbox.
Its the ixtreme firmware it wont run on and looks like all new games wont run on any version of the iextreme firmware.
You can run it on a non-stealth firmware but those with a liteon drive wont be able to as ixtreme was the only release for this drive.
Also hitachi 1.5 is just around the corner and once thats been done then they going to be working on iextreme 1.6 to get around this new system ms have put in place.
So its going to be a new flash to get round this from what i have just read.

C64
3rd March, 2009, 10:08 AM
Anyone with a banned console or doesn't care about Live can use any old non-stealth firmware to boot the new games.

janobi
3rd March, 2009, 11:05 AM
Pretty good explanation here:

Ok guys, as I'm sure you've noticed, a few games have been released recently that reportedly don't work on modified 360's (MLB 09 and H.A.W.X., for example). The purpose of this thread is to explain the situation, clear up any misconceptions and hopefully answer any questions you may have.

Firstly, what's different about these games?
There are 2 main differences with these games. The first difference is that they come with the recent "New Xbox Xperience" dash loaded directly onto the disk. If you were one of those people who hated the new Avatars so much that you refused to update your 360 (and thus still have the "old" blade interface), your time is up. All future games will REQUIRE this update and wont run without it, starting with these releases.
The second difference is related to this, it's to do with the "video partition". This has changed for the 3rd time and is nothing to get alarmed about.

Video Partition?
When you put a 360 disk into a regular DVD player, a video plays
telling you that you were dumb and put a 360 disk into a DVD player
instead of an Xbox 360. This is what the "video partition" is. When the
360 first came out, all disks used the exact same video partition, then
after a certain time, a different one was used. These are referred to
as "wave 1" and "wave 2". If you rip an older game and scan it, you'll
see it matches "known data, wave 1" and likewise, newer games will
match known data for Wave 2. This looks to be a 3rd wave and, if true,
is nothing to get upset about.

So why doesn't it boot on my modified 360?
Firstly, all RETAIL games will still boot absolutely fine on all 360's, modified or unmodified. So if you want to play these games, you can still go out and BUY them, as you should be doing
The reason BACKUPS of these games don't work is simple. Chances are, the majority of you are using a "stealth" firmware. If you've had your 360 modified in the last couple of years, this is almost certain to be the case. "Stealth" firmware simply performs a few quick checks on the disk you insert to ensure it's not a bad backup.
You see, back "in the day", 360 disks didn't always get ripped correctly. There's various files and such on the disk that were often found to be corrupted and although the game booted just fine, Microsoft were able to detect these corruptions and ban people. Modern 360 firmwares check to make sure the disk looks like it was backed up correctly. Part of this is the video partition, mentioned above. Until now, it's only ever been one of two types and the firmware checks to see if it matches these known two types. If it doesn't match, it assumes the backup is BAD and does not boot. This isn't Microsoft circumventing the custom firmware, it's the firmware protecting you from what it thinks is a bad disk so you do not get banned.

But I heard it boots on firmwave version xxx?
As I stated, MODERN firmware is "stealth" and performs these checks to protect you (And as stated above, is why the game will not boot), but earlier firmwares did not. These "UNstealth" firmwares don't care if the disk looks bad or not, they'll boot it anyway.
The "stealth" firmwares are labeled as "iXtreme" and the older, UNstealth firmwares are simply called "Xtreme". There are a couple of exceptions to this, however

Samsung and Hitachi drives were the first to appear in 360's, so the custom firmware goes back a long way. If either of these drives are running old Xtreme firmware, they'll boot the game.

BenQ drives came a bit later, to the point where all newer firmwares were "stealth" iXtreme, however a concession was made and an "unstealth" version of iXtreme 1.41 was released for those who already had banned consoles and didn't need the protection.

ALL iXtreme firmwares, bar the ONE exception listed above, are "Stealth" and as such will not boot the game. If you're unsure what firmware you have but think it's 1.x, it'll be an iXtreme firmware (Most "Xtreme" firmwares flashed had versions of 5.x). As a rule of thumb, if you're not sure, it's probably stealth and thus wont boot.

Liteon drives have only recently been hacked and as such, only ONE firmware version is available, iXtreme 1.5. This will NOT boot these games and I'm sorry to say there is no way around this. However, if you have a liteon drive, you should not be banned at this point and thus it's not recommended to install older firmware anyway.

So what should I do?
The most important thing to realise is that as of the time of writing, there is no SAFE* way to boot these games. You can install older firmware to bypass the stealth check, but this leaves you open to detection by Microsoft on ALL of your games. If your console has already been banned, feel free to downgrade to an old firmware, since you don't need protecting from Live.
What you should do is wait.

*"SAFE" is relative, as soon as you modify your 360, you're never going to be completely safe from Microsoft's checks. The best you can do is minimise the actions that could get you flagged. Always assume you'll get banned eventually and if you don't get banned during the next big wave, count yourself lucky.

So what, are we screwed?
Of course not! This has all happened before and it's a relatively easy fix for the firmware teams to make. A new version if iXtreme is on the way. iXtreme 1.6 will boot these games SAFELY, all you have to do is wait for it. There is NO ETA on this, but expect to have to wait a couple of weeks. I am sorry, but this kind of thing is to be expected once in a while, it's the price you have to pay for being secure online.

Does this mean I have to reflash my drive?
In a nutshell: YES. If you flashed your drive yourself, this shouldn't be a problem for you, but if you paid someone to have it done for you, then I'm afraid you're either going to have to pay them again or figure out how to do it yourself (it's actually quite easy if you know a little bit about computers). However, as the new firmware has not been released just yet, right now all you can really do is sit and wait.

There IS another method to getting the game to boot, which requires
injecting an OLD video partition into the image, however this WILL get
you banned from Xbox live. If you're already banned, install an older
firmware, there's no point in doing the video injection as you'll need to do it for
every new game released anyway and it's just easier to flash to a non-stealth firmware.

jims
5th March, 2009, 09:18 PM
new firmware 1.51 is in test stage but if you can't wait
as posted in the above post

temp sollution confirm working on 1.5 and 1.4

1. Start XDVDMulleter

2. View ISO Details

3. Choose a Wave 2 Game ISO to extract the (PFI) and (Video Partition)

4. Extract PFI and save it to hard disk.

5. Extract Video Partition File and save it to hard disk

6. View ISO Details with Wave 3 ISO - Select [No] When Asked to try and repair unknown video section.

7. Select (insert video) Under the Video Tab - Select [No] When asked Auto Insert Video.

8. Insert the Wave 2 Video Partition that you saved to your hard disk.

9. Extract DMI under the stealth tab to the same place as PFI and Video Partition.

10. Reboot mulleter and choose Build/Rebuild an ISO

11. Load the Wave 3 image and click Next

12. Choose Create a cloned DVD9 ISO und click next

13. Choose Load from source ISO und click next

14. Now choose Load from files and load the (PFI), and (DMI) files you just extracted

15. Click on Make ISO and save it.

16. Under (Other) Tab Select (Make .dvd File) and Save

17. Burn the ISO with the DVD file

i advise not to play online tho

cankster
6th March, 2009, 02:07 PM
So as a chap who was planning to get his new 360 flashed this weekend, prob best I wait a bit?? Or should I go ahead and get it done this weekend???

paulwv9
8th March, 2009, 02:01 PM
would resident evil 5 be one of these games ? as i can't get it to play on my box but it play on a mates box which was flashed a long time ago

janobi
8th March, 2009, 08:19 PM
would resident evil 5 be one of these games ? as i can't get it to play on my box but it play on a mates box which was flashed a long time ago

No resident evil is wave 2. Both witchy and I have completed the game to confirm it works on 1.5. lol.

Also if your console is banned, then you can change the pfi data on the disk to play it.

faulks6164
24th March, 2009, 08:10 PM
hi jims

i fhave followed your guide but when i get to step 16 there is no "other" tab displayed , so i restarted mulletter and made a .dvd file from the iso i created but it does not work in machine i get need to update then i click ok and it says disc is unreadable have done this twice still the same please help me out
many thanks

ricky_uk1
25th March, 2009, 12:15 AM
hi jims

i fhave followed your guide but when i get to step 16 there is no "other" tab displayed , so i restarted mulletter and made a .dvd file from the iso i created but it does not work in machine i get need to update then i click ok and it says disc is unreadable have done this twice still the same please help me out
many thanks

just update your firmware saves any hassle

janobi
25th March, 2009, 08:58 AM
hi jims

many thanks

Either update to 1.51 or use the tool that was posted by the member below me. Its a PPF-o-matic tool, which will patch your iso to work on below 1.51, but will likely get you banned on live.

alunfennell
12th September, 2009, 02:18 AM
Anyone with a banned console or doesn't care about Live can use any old non-stealth firmware to boot the new games.

Usefull Post ..

I thought Microsoft releaed new Firmware now and again to update any new security features used on newer Games, thus forcing people haveing to buy Live at least once a year in order to update to Play newer Games !

So its not entirely the end of the world if you are unlucky enough to get yourself banned ...

Rumor has it 9.10.09 next banning wave ......

Regards:
Alun

flvikky
5th October, 2009, 07:50 AM
Hi All. Iam vikky form India. I have purcahsed an Xbox 360 form US in Jan 2009. And I got it on March 2009 and the day i got it i have just simply taken to the game store and said him to mod my 360. I was able to play all games released till June i think. And now i have purchased 3 new games NFS Shift, Batman Arkham Asylum and WET. None of them seems to be working. When i insert the DVD "XBOX 360 Screen Saver Appers" and nothing happens. So i took my Xbox to him and said about the problem. He said i need to upgrade the mod. As i was very much waiting for those games i said him to upgarde it. But a couple of hours later he siad it cant be done and he showed me the error while modding. the error was something like "DVD-Key Invalid". So he said the solution was either u should buy a new xbox 360 or carry on with the older games. I was shocked by his answer and came back home disappointed. Then started to search as there might be a way out and luckiliy i found this Thread.
I have read the Post by "Janobi".
Fisrt thing i dont know my drive's manufacturer. As my xbox was opened by him and i never looked into it keenly.
Secondly I dont play on Xbox Live as in India for higher net speeds they charge the hell out of it. So My question is can i do anything with those purchased DVD's. can i re burn them with any chages. and I cant even download games as my net speed is 128Kbps. which takes a lot of time for download.
Thirdly if i pusrchase Original NTSC games will i be able to play. And my Xbox Dashboard has been never updated. Is that mandatory.
Lastly if i cant do anything with those DVD's and if my Drive is of Liteon then that's the END OF THE STORY OF MY XBOX360?

Please help me out with my queries

cunny
5th October, 2009, 08:46 AM
HI.

Sounds like to me that when he flashed the drive he's used the older firmware, hence why wet and other other games dont load up due to the wave 3 compatability. If it was a bad flash then you would more than likely get a eroor code like E64.

If games are still working then you need to pull the firmware off the drive and insert your info into either 1.6 or 1.51 versions of iextreme.

Another thing is that you dont use live, you could patch the games to wave 2, there is a thread on here that tells you how to do it.

joejwb
19th October, 2009, 04:13 PM
thanx for info

If your unable to play MLB09, its not a bad rip or something wrong with the xbox.
Its the ixtreme firmware it wont run on and looks like all new games wont run on any version of the iextreme firmware.
You can run it on a non-stealth firmware but those with a liteon drive wont be able to as ixtreme was the only release for this drive.
Also hitachi 1.5 is just around the corner and once thats been done then they going to be working on iextreme 1.6 to get around this new system ms have put in place.
So its going to be a new flash to get round this from what i have just read.

canarine12
30th October, 2009, 08:56 AM
Does anybody know a good website to burn xbox 360 games without modding thats cheaper then paying at the store???