PDA

View Full Version : Installation Barry Allen at DM 800

bobon5106
3rd March, 2009, 11:50 AM
The demonstration is in image gemini, and applies to all images. I believe it is better to use image CVS in flash.

For the installation process in the dream 800 you need a stick usb, and it's advisable to do a pc format in advance.

There are two options for installation:
a) from the panel of the image,
b) with telnet, (first copy plugin with ftp to file /tmp of the dream).

Enter the following commands in a Telnet session

cd /
ipkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen*.ipk

Now, we can transfer with ftp, images at:

/media/usb/MB_Images/

We go to plugins of our image and we find Barry Allen.

To install images that we transfered to /media/usb/MB_Images/
To select image to boot
To delete an image
At all cases, we have to wait untill installation is finished and then we reboot box
The whole process must be done at image that is in the flash of the box

bobon5106
3rd March, 2009, 11:53 AM
Installation Barry Allen at DM 800
hope this helps
bobon5106

ces
3rd March, 2009, 11:59 AM
another top post bobon5106 but again if new firmware is istalled to additional memory then you have the option to download BarryAllan form the plugin menu

ces

bobon5106
3rd March, 2009, 12:26 PM
the plugin was there but kept getting errors so maually installed it

^^MaXiMo II^^
3rd March, 2009, 02:05 PM
Very good explanation
I Just would like to add that some new immages incorporate barry allen (pure flash by Nabilo team)
even if i find BarryAllen a very "intrusive" plugin and VERY HEAVY
BA will check your mooltiboot, macaddress, and in this latest version it will check the plugin that you have installed so bare in mind if something do not agree with BA your DB will not be stable.
In my modest opinion i use only image in flash my db (s) go much better.

Ruddyrum
3rd September, 2009, 03:35 PM
can you use a different image on barry allen that has a different bootloader as the one in the flash?

I have gemini 4.4 running bootload 72, but cannot seem to get the latest pli image to boot!

av2008
3rd September, 2009, 05:57 PM
can you use a different image on barry allen that has a different bootloader as the one in the flash?

I have gemini 4.4 running bootload 72, but cannot seem to get the latest pli image to boot!

I would like to know the same thing too. Im used to the Dreambox 500s(original) and TM9100 but the DM800 is starting to confuse me and I havn't even got it yet.

Could someone please explain all this boot loader stuff and why the clones bootloader can't be updated like the originals.

I would really appreciate this. Also when they say patched images what exactly is patched? Is it patched to run on any clone or only the newer clones with the 72 bootloader?

Will the 73 bootloader images be useless on the clones?

This is driving me mad:hmmmm2:

vagca
29th September, 2009, 09:36 PM
for clone dm800 barry alllen verie

Yopeople
9th October, 2009, 01:43 PM
Hi, can anyone confirm that it is possible to run barry allen 5.0.7 with the newest unpatched images on a DM800 with bootloader 72?

john1
20th November, 2009, 03:42 PM
appreciate your effort

fac51
21st November, 2009, 12:23 AM
i have a 500s and a 800 both original boxes and never really understood the benefit of barry allan could someone please explain what would be the advantage of having a multi booting dream............am i missing out on something

marmen
21st November, 2009, 06:37 PM
i can not seem to view attached thumbnails, could somebody help me out

springer
21st November, 2009, 09:33 PM
i have a 500s and a 800 both original boxes and never really understood the benefit of barry allan could someone please explain what would be the advantage of having a multi booting dream............am i missing out on something

You cannot install multiboot on a 500s.
The advantage I find in multiboot is mainly rest of mind when I am installing a newer image version! If something goes wrong, like the image being buggy, you can easily fall on the last image in multiboot.
You can also keep different settings on the different images. For example certain images seem to be better with blind searches than others. And your other half prefers the setup of another image so you can have 'Yours' and 'Hers'!.

omarsaab
29th November, 2009, 11:09 PM
appreciate your effort

babocorp
16th October, 2010, 08:39 PM
hello guys,

how can I find the latest barry allen version?

tsitsi58
4th January, 2011, 12:13 AM
i can't make a new image work in my dm800 nabilo bh 0.12 images are in media/hdd/mb-images directory,but when ochoose dream elite to rebbot my dm800 reboot again with nabilo

liontas
7th January, 2011, 09:13 PM
thanks a lot for this

boboxjordan
2nd October, 2011, 05:40 PM
Hi there
cheers for the great info. I tried to install BA via the telnet as explained above but I got the message "cannot find package enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen."

I got Gemini on DM800SE
thank you in advance
bob

alom5
2nd October, 2011, 09:04 PM
install from ts panel. its the first one listed that works on the se.

boboxjordan
4th October, 2011, 04:42 PM

sorry for the silly question - what is TS panel?

boboxjordan
10th October, 2011, 12:00 PM

Thank you for the tip, I managed to install Barry Allen, but would like to get some info on the best way it could be set up.

As said above I have genuine DM800SE. What I would like to do is have the BA on the USB stick. However, it goes straight to the HDD (i got a HDD too). I read that by default it searches first for the CF card, but in DM800SE there is no slot for CF card...

Then it skips the USB (which is well recognised in the FTP pannel in DCC) and goes directly to the HDD.

How can I direct it to the USB?

Thank you in advance!
Bob

tifozif1
10th November, 2011, 11:28 AM
Can I uset this on a clone DM800se s2.10 (#84) ?

If so where can i download the latest version ?

mdt
10th November, 2011, 12:44 PM
Can I use this on a clone DM800se s2.10 (#84) ?

If so where can i download the latest version ?

firstly welcome to dk!, you could add BA through a telnet session but its easier to install a image with it already added to the plugins list and then install it from there or you could add tspanel to your existing img and then install it from there. make sure you use the correct image and ssl for your sim. regards mdt

tifozif1
10th November, 2011, 03:24 PM
Thank you !

Nice to be here !