PDA

View Full Version : Vu players and media playback file types.

dell_xps
17th January, 2013, 06:34 PM
I've always tried using a usb stick with a film on it, various formats, mkv avi divx mp4 etc, always comes up unplayable for some reason, so I didn't bother with it, had an idea to transfer a file across to my Ultimo's HD and try it that way, MKV file, located folder and file via the playback menu, location button, pressed play and away it went :-), so I thought I'll try a DIVX / AVI file, that worked also, copied an mp4 across played no probs at all :-)
Im also led to believe I can plug in a dvd/blu ray player and watch them no probs :-)
Should of tried this months and months ago, save me watching stuff on my Imac now, happy days !!

RuberDuck
17th January, 2013, 06:57 PM
i play avi's and mkv's on my boxes all the time, although it is worth pointing out that these are satellite receivers and not media players nor will they ever be, so take this as a bonus feature.

digicon
17th January, 2013, 07:33 PM
I've always tried using a usb stick with a film on it, various formats, mkv avi divx mp4 etc, always comes up unplayable for some reason, so I didn't bother with it, had an idea to transfer a file across to my Ultimo's HD and try it that way, MKV file, located folder and file via the playback menu, location button, pressed play and away it went :-), so I thought I'll try a DIVX / AVI file, that worked also, copied an mp4 across played no probs at all :-)
Im also led to believe I can plug in a dvd/blu ray player and watch them no probs :-)
Should of tried this months and months ago, save me watching stuff on my Imac now, happy days !!

You may be pushing it with the Blu ray file on the Ultimo although i heard a report that someone tried it on a Solo2 and it worked to a fashion so maybe a driver update could resolve this

pongo snodgrass
17th January, 2013, 09:15 PM
so where do you place all these avi, mkv, divx files etc in the duo, i have a 1Tb hardrive, but always used a usb stick to play them on the duo ?.

dell_xps
17th January, 2013, 09:23 PM
Make a folder in the hdd, call it DVD or whatever, copy them
to the folder, press the button on the remote you use to see what you have recorded, now press yellow button on remote, location button, select option 3, you'll see the folder you have created in there, click on it, you will see film, click on it and your away !!

pongo snodgrass
17th January, 2013, 09:36 PM
lol....nice one...and i just found out you can do this..had duo for nearly a year now..