PDA

View Full Version : How to copy wii game

Shah200sx
3rd March, 2009, 01:27 PM
can anyone please tell me how to copy a original wii game also what software to use.

Cheers.

father ted
3rd March, 2009, 02:18 PM
to backup an original game use a program called "raw dump" and an LG dvd reader drive
* LG-8164b
* LG-8163b
* LG-8162b
* LG-8161b

either model will work and will produce an iso file in about 3 hours

this then gives you an iso file, iso files can also be downloaded from various utorrent site

so which ever way you get your iso which is an image of the original disc you img burn at x1, as said up to x4 is ok but you will be 100% on a correct burn at x1
on average an image takes about 30 minutes to burn

once you have your backed up copy of your game (imagine you lost or erased the iso) you can then use img burn to create an image from the already backed up disc using a standard dvd drive

i say img burn as Nero can and does change the byte size and causes the disc to fail

norbert
3rd March, 2009, 02:29 PM
Copy Wii Games (http://www.copywiigames.com/)

Shah200sx
3rd March, 2009, 03:27 PM
thank's guys for your help

giantandcanary
20th October, 2009, 09:00 AM
It is very interesting to play wii games in free time.
I want to play copied wii games wii games and backup it? but I don't know how. Can any one help me.
Thanks much.

fluffykiwi
22nd October, 2009, 08:02 PM
Alternatively get a good USB Loader and simply install your original games to hard drive.

I use WiiFlow 1.1 to install and play them.

My Eurovox and Wii share my USB HD, with a WBFS partition for Wii and a FAT32 partition for PVR.

Keithuk
14th July, 2011, 11:27 PM
Sorry if this is an old post but I searched and this one was the closest.

Ok how to copy the original Wii games to an SD card, USB Hard drive or to you computer via WiFi.

I was Googling for this and there is a video on YouTube

***x202a;how to copy and back up and burn your wii games***x202c;‏ - YouTube

That talks about using Wii Raw Dumper now there is a link on that video but it goes onto his site and you have to search around and when you find the link you have to download each part seperately.

You need to Google for wii dvd dumper v1.2 download or Wii Raw Dumper download and follow the links. I made a Rawdumper folder in the apps folder and put the 3 files in boot.dol, icon.png and meta.xml. I put the SD card in the Wii and started up and went to the HomeBrew channel and Wii DVD Dumper (cIOS) v1.2. Now you have the option to save to SD, USB Hard Drive or to your computer via WiFi (use the navigation buttons to select different devices). It will ask you to insert the DVD now my DVD was already in there so I ejected it and fed it back in. When it finds the DVD just just press 'A' on each option you want. You need to write down the IP Address it shows thats you IP Address if you didn't know it.

I went to my computer and opened the web browser and typed in the IP Address number then you see an option to Save the iso file. Now it uses the game file number but you can change it to what ever you want it to be. Now its a slow process the video says it can take up to 4 hours to copy a DVD depending on how good your WiFi connection is. When I started to save my game it said 1 hour 20 minutes. I've just gone back to the computer to see how its going and it says 1 hr 2 mins and the transfer rate is 530kb/sec.

I think I might format another hard drive and see if that transfers any faster. I would think that once you have the iso file you can add it to your hard drive with WBFS Manager.

Now there is another app called Game Copy Wizard but if you Google it its something you have to buy. I searched for downloaded and HotFile and MediaFire and one says a cracked version. I've downloaded both and there is nothing in there only 6 web links and a few videos to there web site to buy it.

ck-ok
15th July, 2011, 05:14 AM
keith when i first modded my wii i used raw dump/dvd dumper and god was it slow 1-2 hours and no way of speeding it up even with a clean drive.

Keithuk
15th July, 2011, 09:47 AM
Cheers CK.

I checked later and it finished transfering the 4.5GB file just over 2 hours but at lease it can be done. So saving it directly to a USB drive doesn't speed anything up?

On a USB drive does it matter if its WBFS, FAT32 or NTFS?

Obviously I left it running for 2.5 hours or more but the Wii screen still just showed transfering. Even if you pressed the Home button it wounldn't go back to the Wii menu I had to turn the power off did you have that problem?

rockyslykid
15th July, 2011, 06:42 PM
thanks to all this helped

Keithuk
16th July, 2011, 01:04 AM
thanks to all this helped
With what?

ck-ok
16th July, 2011, 09:34 AM
Cheers CK.

I checked later and it finished transfering the 4.5GB file just over 2 hours but at lease it can be done. So saving it directly to a USB drive doesn't speed anything up?

Obviously I left it running for 2.5 hours or more but the Wii screen still just showed transfering. Even if you pressed the Home button it wounldn't go back to the Wii menu I had to turn the power off did you have that problem?

using raw dump/dvd dumper to save it too a usb drive is no faster.
the quickest way is to use your loader to rip it directly too your hdd takes 15-20 mins.
and yes i did ave that problem from time to time.

Keithuk
16th July, 2011, 08:24 PM
the quickest way is to use your loader to rip it directly too your hdd takes 15-20 mins.

Which loader uLoader?

I asked before

ck-ok
16th July, 2011, 08:49 PM
Which loader uLoader?

I asked before

works on any drive
gx and cfg both rip games
for gx put disc in drive and push the icon in the bottom left there is a video here USB Loader GX - GBAtemp.net (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922)

Keithuk
17th July, 2011, 12:04 AM
Cheers CK it worked a treat.

I've seen the + icon to install a game but I logically thought it installed it directly on the Wii not copy it to the USB drive. It only takes 15 minutes, all those hours I've spent copying it via WiFi to my computer.

I think they should have renamed the tooltip Copy to Drive it would have ment more. I've deleted Wii Raw Dumper now. You learn something new everyday?