EggyBread
18th January, 2013, 02:03 PM
Hope this comes in handy....

If you or anyone you know is in receipt of any of the following:

Income Support
Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
Employment Support Allowance (Income related) or
Pensions Credit

BT Basic is a simple, low-cost telephone service that's easy to understand and helps you keep in touch, even if money is a bit tight. If you're on a low income, BT Basic lets you make and receive calls ? and helps you manage how much you spend.

BT Basic line rental ?4.95 a month (?14.85 a quarter including a ?4.50 call allowance).
UK landline calls 11p per minute with a call set up fee of 3.2p.
Calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers free at weekends and BT Basic is exempt from any payment processing fees.

There is loads of other benefits too.... Go and have a mooch here BT Basic: a calling plan for those on low incomes – BT Inclusion (http://www.bt.com/includingyou/other-products-services-bt-basic.html)

james1946
18th January, 2013, 05:47 PM
I eventually got the Bt basic deal,but it took me 6 months,after i was f***** around by BT.
We have sent out your application---Lying B*******
We have sent out your application again---Lying b*******
Sorry ther is a breakdown on our system----Lying b*******
2 months later application received.
Application sent off
Application not received----Lying b*******

james1946
18th January, 2013, 06:16 PM
Basically you will have to perservere,as BT does not want to give you this offer.I photocopied 14 copies and sent one each day for 2 weeks,until one got through.Total time---6 months.Best of luck.Cheers.James.

kayanow2
22nd January, 2013, 12:57 AM
Yeah a friend of mine has been on this for a while. His phone bill is usually around ?20-00/3 month (makes very few calls though) The best part is you can then get your broadband from elsewhere. He gets the budget deal from Plusnet ?6-49/month 10 gig download limit but unlimited between 12.00 and 08.00. He's single so it's a great deal, total about ?13-50/month including line rental, does all his downloading at night so it's unlimited.

althom40
22nd January, 2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah a friend of mine has been on this for a while. His phone bill is usually around ?20-00/3 month (makes very few calls though) The best part is you can then get your broadband from elsewhere. He gets the budget deal from Plusnet ?6-49/month 10 gig download limit but unlimited between 12.00 and 08.00. He's single so it's a great deal, total about ?13-50/month including line rental, does all his downloading at night so it's unlimited.
========================================
Sounds a good deal but bear in mind that Plusnet is owned by BT.