PDA

View Full Version : iphone 4 will not activing

mikie64
19th January, 2013, 07:05 PM
hi i just got iphone4 unlock from bay E,and i can not get it to activate.:banghead::banghead:.fw is ios 6..any help guys/??..

digilox
20th January, 2013, 12:20 PM
Have you put a sim card in it ? Sorry I'm not trying to be funny or anything but without a sim = no go.

Having said that .. when you put the sim in does it say anything e.g. a few bars , network indicator etc ??

Just reread your post .. I take it you mean an unlocked iphone ... not an unlock code (which would be unlikely !)

fijiman
20th January, 2013, 10:20 PM
The sim card must be installed from a different network... It may take some time...

mikie64
20th January, 2013, 10:33 PM
thanks for replys ,the phone is factory unlock already,but itunes says something about ,,iphone can not be activated at this time,pls try again later.....

GastonJ
20th January, 2013, 11:06 PM
Not seen that. I had 2 unlocked in the past few days and each time I dropped in another sim, connected to iTunes and it unlocked and could use the other sim card. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in when you get that message - leaving iTunes open?

fijiman
21st January, 2013, 10:10 AM
thanks for replys ,the phone is factory unlock already,but itunes says something about ,,iphone can not be activated at this time,pls try again later.....

It takes time....different networks takes different lengths of time...I had my iPhone unlocked, it took nearly 10 days....well pissed off...

reprogauto
21st January, 2013, 01:19 PM
MAYBE BROKEN?

kinetic
22nd January, 2013, 02:34 PM
I recently updated my iphone4 to 6.0.1 and got me the semi-tethered jailbreak. Been doing some research and came across this website, from some feedback i?ve been able to get, it seems a good option for a factory unlock, on anybaseband or carrier around the world. So its a permanent unlock, not software dependant. Here?s the site if u want to check it out
Unlock iPhone, Official iPhone Unlock, Apple iTunes Unlock (http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/)

johnboy1974
22nd January, 2013, 05:18 PM
I recently updated my iphone4 to 6.0.1 and got me the semi-tethered jailbreak. Been doing some research and came across this website, from some feedback i?ve been able to get, it seems a good option for a factory unlock, on anybaseband or carrier around the world. So its a permanent unlock, not software dependant. Here?s the site if u want to check it out
Unlock iPhone, Official iPhone Unlock, Apple iTunes Unlock (http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/)

Yes mate there's a thread about this site on here already. Expensive it is too, but it does work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mikie64
22nd January, 2013, 05:44 PM
ive been looking online about.. iphone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable....it seem that there was a ios6 beta b4 ios6 came out..and it is on this phone...plus this s/w can not get into dfu mode to upgrade....

fijiman
23rd January, 2013, 12:07 AM
iPhone unlocks are not dependent on the firmware installed...if you have got/bought a factory unlock it should work regardless of installed firmware....

GastonJ
23rd January, 2013, 06:27 PM
Yes mate there's a thread about this site on here already. Expensive it is too, but it does work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can't be that good a site for unlocks, doesn't include Movistar Uruguay

mikie64
30th January, 2013, 02:15 AM
ithink ive found the problem with the phone the imei is corrupt.imei =00499010640000.i just google it some thing to do with a bad unlock...any 1 had this problem?.......

digilox
30th January, 2013, 09:55 AM
Hmmmmmm ... suspect that was why it was on ebay ! probably a bit late but I would be going for a refund ... if you paid by paypal you should still have time.

mikie64
30th January, 2013, 05:37 PM
hi only payed ?54.67 for it...just done a checkmend report on it ,its not block or barred..it use to be on Vodafone.and has been unlock by itune......im lostttttt with this funny imei...

digilox
30th January, 2013, 06:31 PM
Oh well that's not so bad then .... sorry ... clueless about imie stuff.

I'm sure there will somebody on here that knows what to do.

Good luck !

rab1972
31st January, 2013, 11:12 PM
Jailbreak and unlock the iPhone - Fixing a bad IMEI (http://www.hackthatphone.com/1x/fixing_a_bad_imei.html) have a look at this hope it helps