PDA

View Full Version : vu duo loading problem

brendanmcerlean
21st January, 2013, 10:55 PM
have a v2 clone was working fine for a long time on vix 2.4 build 96....

recently my box wouldnt load properly... it turned on and has the loading screen... the vix logo in the corner loads for a view seconds... goes away... then comes back again.... no buttons on the remote are responsive...

i can reflash the image... load channels lists etc but in a day or two if i reboot the box the same thing happens...

anyone come across this? something like a memory leak perhaps?

brendanmcerlean
23rd January, 2013, 09:02 PM
no 1 else experience of this... when i turned the box from being on standby it says "tune failed" this has happened in the past but a simple reboot fits it... now when i reboot it goes into the mode mentioned above

dell_xps
23rd January, 2013, 09:28 PM
Do you have a hard drive connnected ? or USB ? or are you saving epg to flash ?
disconnet hard drive/usb see if that helps.
dont save epg to flash memory.

brendanmcerlean
23rd January, 2013, 09:54 PM
Do you have a hard drive connnected ? or USB ? or are you saving epg to flash ?
disconnet hard drive/usb see if that helps.
dont save epg to flash memory.

unless the epg is saving to flash... but i didnt think it was set up to that!

DOUGALMCD
23rd January, 2013, 11:49 PM
Press menu> setup> system>epg>settings then see what epg location says.

IAmATeaf
24th January, 2013, 12:28 PM
Whilst the box is booting up see if you can connect to the box using FTP or DCC. If you can then have look for any crash logs and also run the free command to see how much free space you have.

brendanmcerlean
24th January, 2013, 08:13 PM
Whilst the box is booting up see if you can connect to the box using FTP or DCC. If you can then have look for any crash logs and also run the free command to see how much free space you have.

ok thanks will do this... def can ftp to it

brendanmcerlean
24th January, 2013, 09:54 PM
you were right... didnt realise it defaulted to intrenal if no usb or hdd attached

brendanmcerlean
28th January, 2013, 10:06 PM
sorry guys but im back again.... so issue now is when i got to epg it is set to internal flash... and i cannot change it to media/usb.... when i go to settings vix/mount/setup mounts and try to save as media/usb it says it needs to reboot to save changes... when i try to reboot it hangs on the loading screen, with the vix logo appearing, disappearing and eventually disappearing.... i can still ftp to the box and the display lights up when i use the controller but nothing changes on the screen.... could ivhave damaged the flash memory or something? i tried reinstalling the bootloader, but it didnt seem to work, it installed in less than five seconds and loaded to the said issue above :( pretty annoying

brendanmcerlean
28th January, 2013, 10:43 PM
v3 vu+ duo stuck on boot (after installing cams?) (http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/296906-v3-vu-duo-stuck.html)

juna
30th January, 2013, 03:44 PM
Thats why people buy genuine