PDA

View Full Version : Reading disc problem

lizard165
4th March, 2009, 10:18 AM
Any help appreciated, no RRD (phew) but when disc inserted xbox tries to read disc but nowt happening (2 years old). Microsoft say 3 year extended warranty only covers RRD! They want ?80 to repair anyone any clues to if this is a common problem/easy to sort. Am I just as well getting a new machine.

janobi
4th March, 2009, 10:29 AM
Any help appreciated, no RRD (phew) but when disc inserted xbox tries to read disc but nowt happening (2 years old). Microsoft say 3 year extended warranty only covers RRD! They want ?80 to repair anyone any clues to if this is a common problem/easy to sort. Am I just as well getting a new machine.

Sounds like your drive mate, probably a laser issue. You can replace the laser, or replace the whole drive mate.

cunny
4th March, 2009, 11:03 AM
as stated i would probably spoof the drive over, just make sure you have your key and spoof the drives.

Just a thought what drive is it + is it flashed? does it read original games?

lizard165
5th March, 2009, 11:44 AM
No the drive is original I have acquired another xbox that died with RRD so I will swap the drive etc. fingers crossed.

Kingcarr
8th March, 2009, 12:03 AM
im having a similar issue! i acquired a flashed 360 from a friend, he had issues with rrod. i repaired rrod and went on to play it. it worked fine until i took my chances and installed the NXE! big mistake! any fixes?

janobi
8th March, 2009, 08:22 PM
im having a similar issue! i acquired a flashed 360 from a friend, he had issues with rrod. i repaired rrod and went on to play it. it worked fine until i took my chances and installed the NXE! big mistake! any fixes?

What problem you got mate? rrod again, or something else?

.: JaCkPoT :.
9th March, 2009, 01:46 AM
Why not over heat your console and send it back for rrod? Then when you get it back say they damaged the drive coz its stopped working then they will have to fix it..long process but worth 80quid..make sure your console is genuine though..

bobt305
10th March, 2009, 01:16 AM
Try pot adjustment

cunny
10th March, 2009, 09:14 AM
here is a pot guide

janobi
10th March, 2009, 10:08 AM
?80 for a repair or ?30 for a new drive? Makes more sense to buy a new drive in my opinion.

cunny
10th March, 2009, 10:10 AM
I would try the pot adjustment 1st, if that fails then replace the drive.