PDA

View Full Version : NAS Enclosure problem

teac532s
23rd January, 2013, 10:31 PM
Bought myself a NAS enclosure and put my spare 1tb hard drive in after formatting on my pc. When I go in to the web based tools for the enclosure the page for hard drive status shows blank, but when I go to the format util on the web page the hd is there though when I try to format it I get the message Don't support the hard disk which size is smaller than 1GB. Enclosure is a Conrad.
Any ideas anyone as I am stuck at this junction and can get no firther.

Thanks

cunny
23rd January, 2013, 10:39 PM
Have u checked for software updates

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

teac532s
23rd January, 2013, 10:49 PM
Yes mate all up to date

cunny
24th January, 2013, 08:53 PM
What is the model numers nas an drive?

Try unmounting an remounting

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

teac532s
24th January, 2013, 09:07 PM
Hi
tried 3 different drives and all the same so think its faulty. sending it back for replacement

teac532s
30th January, 2013, 05:24 PM
Ok people , please someone save my sanity. Got the enclosure replaced and guess what , same problem. every time I try to format my 1tb drive I get the error Don't support the hard disk which size is smaller than 1GB. I have included the format screen which shows the drive in the enclosure but if you look at the bottom field it says Size 0.00b. Any ideas. I have formatted and unformatted and partitioned and everything else I can think of. The enclosure is supposed to support any size drive.
Enclosure is Conrad bought from fleabay.
Any help please before I fix it permantly with a hammer lol.
I have also attached the instructions (which I am following) up to the format part anyway.

HELLLLLLP