PDA

View Full Version : Acert Trim Files & Discussion!

Alligator
24th January, 2013, 06:44 PM
I started this thread for people to debate about EUInjectors as well as ask/post trim files.

c16man
26th January, 2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks Alligator.
Question: The C6.6 engine runs an adaptive trim strategy every 125hrs or so to determine new trim values for the injectors. How does/can the engine do this?
You don`t by any chance have some cut away pictures of the C6.6 CR injectors?

Thanks in advance.

Alligator
6th February, 2013, 04:42 AM
I'm afraid I have not worked on a C6... Hopefully someone can help.

Far_Call
7th February, 2013, 06:05 AM
The only Adaptive Trimming I've worked with is for C175 engines and its relatively simple where the ECM does self testing and determines a % of correction to the existing trim data stored in the ECM.
Where this falls Over in the C175's is most Injectors are trimmed that far out the Adaptive trimming cant correct it far enough. However having said that "If' the injector is trimmed correctly then the ECM can swing it either way to tidy it up.

All very nice in theory but the engineers who wrote it should have first sorted out the mass produced Injectors to be able to take advantage of the programming for Adaptive Trimming.

Far_Call
8th February, 2013, 02:36 AM
Some more info i dug out of my PC on the C175 Injectors used with Adaptive Trimming

So basically they are Dual solenoid Type injectors with 4 multishot event capability.
1) Early Pilot Injection
2) Close Coupled Injection
3) Main Injection
4) Close Coupled Post Injection.

Using an oscilloscope you can not only see the wave form but record all the data that it bring. Timing and durations and can be easily compared to the next Trim File.
Below are some examples from a Cat Dual Solenoid Injector from adaptive setup.

Far_Call
8th February, 2013, 02:45 AM
This is the simple Wave form we would see in a Norman Single solenoid used on a C15.

Far_Call
8th February, 2013, 03:11 AM
Here is another from bench testing and this one is an Acert 2490709 which is a STD 15 Acert Injector.

Again this is done using the oscillation on the Bench.
This one is a bit more complex as its shows Timing, ECM wave form & Actual Fuel Injection. From Pilot to Post Injection.

Its a very interesting test when done with varying Trim files and with the trig set you can record all data the Trim file outputs to the Injector. Makes it easy to understand what's happening when you use the wrong file on any given injector or comparing trim file Data.
THIS is done on the test bench and not in the engine as all data is not retrievable on the engine and as such incomplete data is Junk!!

jdawg
8th February, 2013, 03:55 AM
Here is another from bench testing and this one is an Acert 2490709 which is a STD 15 Acert Injector.

Again this is done using the oscillation on the Bench.
This one is a bit more complex as its shows Timing, ECM wave form & Actual Fuel Injection. From Pilot to Post Injection.

Its a very interesting test when done with varying Trim files and with the trig set you can record all data the Trim file outputs to the Injector. Makes it easy to understand what's happening when you use the wrong file on any given injector or comparing trim file Data.
THIS is done on the test bench and not in the engine as all data is not
Wretrievable on the engine and as such incomplete data is Junk!!
Junk? How about the o/o that saved the price of a set of injectors after I trimmed his injectors in the truck, with a group of numbers that came from a test bench? 23% out to 3% in the truck Greg. The truck runs smooth as silk at idle or under load. Its about saving money, not egos. Sure everyone would like a balanced set off a bench. You don't always get what you want.

Far_Call
8th February, 2013, 04:00 AM
I posted the above as information only If you take offence to it I wont bother in future.
How I do it and how you chose to do it vary!!! I cant see why you get your nose out of joint.. Must be a thing on this site.

I've trimmed on the fly many times and there is a use for it in some situations its no Big Deal!!!

jdawg
8th February, 2013, 04:03 AM
The data either way is not junk. As you put it. Not outta joint at all. Just proving that it can be done different ways.

Far_Call
8th February, 2013, 04:12 AM
You are not reading my Post!!! To ascertain exactly what the injector is doing by way Of engine Timing, ECM wave form and Actual Fuel delivered and actual fuel timing can only be done the way I've demonstrated.
This is testing the ACTUAL Injector and data within the file its trimmed to.

What you are doing is simply altering the trims in the truck to reduce the variances between pots it is in no way showing you what or how the injector is working.. The above data is showing how the injector works!

2 totally different things.
I'm testing an Injector and the data its programmed for!!
Your altering the trims in the injector whilst in the truck is running to smooth it out for whatever reason its not already smooth.

c16man
8th February, 2013, 05:55 PM
Far_Call, thanks for the info mate!
Nice info that you posted. Thanks again!