PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo clone where to buy a trusted seller

scottj130208
27th January, 2013, 11:38 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a clone duo from a trusted seller, thanks

cactikid
27th January, 2013, 12:15 PM
those boxes are crap,there is nothing good to say about them according to all the other posts,buy an original or another model.

septicsmurf
27th January, 2013, 04:56 PM
Trusted seller or not, they are still clones.
Originals are coming down in price so I'd save up a bit extra and go original if i were you

dmmacvicar
29th January, 2013, 01:47 PM
If your going the clone route youd be better going for an Uno and buying a twin tuner.

Having had both you can tell the difference in build quality. My clone Uno arrived with a screw rattling about inside it. Luckily I noticed it before I powered up. When i tried to close the box back up again all the internal threads on the case were gubbed!

digicon
29th January, 2013, 03:12 PM
If your going the clone route youd be better going for an Uno and buying a twin tuner.

Having had both you can tell the difference in build quality. My clone Uno arrived with a screw rattling about inside it. Luckily I noticed it before I powered up. When i tried to close the box back up again all the internal threads on the case were gubbed!

That doesn't say much about the build quality then, Listen if you are prepared to put up with a few problems and maybe a duff box if your really unlucky then go ahead and buy one.

Personally speaking i have had a few clones DM800,SE,Duo,Solo and never had a problem i may have been lucky who knows, but the amount of posts are from people who have had problems this is the only time you hear from any of them just think of how many people who are happy and have had Zero problems we just dont know because they dont post.

Regards

dmmacvicar
29th January, 2013, 03:52 PM
That doesn't say much about the build quality then, Listen if you are prepared to put up with a few problems and maybe a duff box if your really unlucky then go ahead and buy one.

Personally speaking i have had a few clones DM800,SE,Duo,Solo and never had a problem i may have been lucky who knows, but the amount of posts are from people who have had problems this is the only time you hear from any of them just think of how many people who are happy and have had Zero problems we just dont know because they dont post.

Regards
TBH I think most of the problem with clones are user error. They seem to be less friendly when it comes to accepting software. It is a gamble and their is no doubt cheaper components are being used but It wouldnt stop me buying another one as a second box

RuberDuck
29th January, 2013, 06:44 PM
personally i'd wait before buying a original twin tuner for the Uno clone as the ferrari team say the so called security chip is on the tuner card.

They claim that using a original tuner allows the box to function as a original but i cant see how that can possibly be, Guess we will just have to wait for Vu to release a new batch of anti clone measures and see how these clones fair with the original tuners.

DOUGALMCD
29th January, 2013, 09:07 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f193/vu-uno-duo-clone-questions-answers-only-256587/index9.html
He says it works.

dmmacvicar
29th January, 2013, 09:34 PM
personally i'd wait before buying a original twin tuner for the Uno clone as the ferrari team say the so called security chip is on the tuner card.

They claim that using a original tuner allows the box to function as a original but i cant see how that can possibly be, Guess we will just have to wait for Vu to release a new batch of anti clone measures and see how these clones fair with the original tuners.
I can confirm it worked on my box anyway. Running BH 1.7.9 with latest drivers on both Genuine Single & Dual Tuners.

RuberDuck
29th January, 2013, 10:23 PM
yes it may work now but i'd be weary of future updates from Vu if using original tuners in the box.

benmeade
2nd February, 2013, 11:33 PM
I can see so many posts now that tell people to avoid clones.
Its like every forum is turning against them in fact isnt it odd that one site in particular has pulled all support for them altogether, and if you look you'll notice all the mods from that site just happen to have aquired new vu+ boxes....hmmmmmmm

cactikid
3rd February, 2013, 12:17 AM
it is up to people to decide if they go for a clone or original,all we can do is warn people,some boxes cannot even move a sat dish,remember cheaper parts fitted and maybe not made to last.

RuberDuck
9th February, 2013, 07:09 AM
I can see so many posts now that tell people to avoid clones.
Its like every forum is turning against them in fact isnt it odd that one site in particular has pulled all support for them altogether, and if you look you'll notice all the mods from that site just happen to have aquired new vu+ boxes....hmmmmmmm

Maybe people are starting to realize just how much of a false economy clones really are ?.

none the less it's the users own decision as whether to buy a genuine unit or not and personally i laugh every time i see some muppet with a clone post on a forum like this when their PSU pops or worse.

ak4life
2nd March, 2013, 01:56 PM
where can you buy an original duo from and does the gift come with it

benny/9
2nd March, 2013, 02:10 PM
where can you buy an original duo from and does the gift come with it
when you buy a genuine vu model from
any of the uk main dealers they dont come
with a gift or server added to open channels.
most new genuine boxes have the official vu
operating firmware loaded, you need to flash
the image of your choice and load the extra's
to get the channels open, and if you dont know
how or what to do then use google for c/s and
read on what and how before you start and spend.
if you wish to buy a vu or any other linux box
with a so called gift then look on the bay, just
be aware most boxes will be clones and the gift
is usually so bad glitching etc that it's rubbish when
viewing the channels. plus even if they say it's for 12 months
i have read that lots dont run that long

ak4life
2nd March, 2013, 02:22 PM
does the gift work same as on an openbox or is it different, ppl mention linux so i think it might be different, so getting a clone is the best bet then

benny/9
2nd March, 2013, 02:51 PM
does the gift work same as on an openbox or is it different, ppl mention linux so i think it might be different, so getting a clone is the best bet then
with all the problems clone vu boxes are now giving
i would say dont buy a clone, even though i have tried them
and had no problems, now it looks like the quality is not good
as for gifts, for me if you think about a box with a gift the
spider box and protek box comes to mind
dreambox and vu work totally different there is
no such thing as a gift with linux boxes this is the way t
hey post them for sale, and on the forum thats about all
that can be said on how and what they work with, thats
why i say google c/s and that should give you a idea how
these boxes open channels

ak4life
4th March, 2013, 11:39 AM
so does anyone know a trusted seller or is it just ebay

digicon
4th March, 2013, 11:51 AM
so does anyone know a trusted seller or is it just ebay

Unless you can find a local retailer that dells them then ebay is your only option